Chapter 1

Kelly was covered up as she always was, her laptop blaring in her face, the volume blasting in her headphones. She was watching The Walking Dead on Netflix. As soon as it finished, she closed her laptop and headed downstairs. It was pitch black and she heard a noise downstairs. She had no fears ever since she was told how useful and powerful she was. She didn't understand what it meant, but it meant something, and that mattered. For some reason, she was never awake. It seemed like she was hiding from the world. But something was wrong. Always cold to the touch, and everytime she goes outside, her hands just tingle and feel like they're going to explode. She always wears a jacket and keeps her hands in the pockets. The thing she loves doing is gardening. Luckily, she gets to wear gardening gloves, which stops the heat from getting to her hands. Kelly looked through the windows and started to smell a smokey smell. "Dad? Are you home?" No answer. She turned around and saw a shadow and a small figure. She turned on the light, expecting to see just a piece of furniture, but instead, she saw a man. "Kelly.....You...You are the chosen one." I knew I was dreaming, so i accepted it. "Who are you, Why are you in my house?" She was confused, but laughter filled on the inside. "Greetings...The name's Head Master RoysterFellum. You are the chosen one." Kelly simply laughed. "Oh...so you're here to.....brew me in lava....Or...or....Make me into a witch!" Head Master RoysterFellum simple shook his head. "No, No. We're here to awaken you." "Awaken...me?" "Yes. Awaken you" That made no sense to Kelly. "What the hell does Awaken mean...I'm already awake." the Headmaster simply shook his head. "No. Awakening you.....Like Awakening your powers. You have the Icey blue aura we had been looking for. Your power....Your power depends on your aura. You are to be awakened on instant." "Me....Me!? Me being awakend...Not the best choice. Sure, I watch a lot of magic stuff, but i certaintly don't know how to control powers, Headmaster." The Headmaster simply shrugged and snapped his fingers, Kelly appeared on her couch. "It simply doesn't matter, Kelly. For you are the chosen one, you are...well.. The chosen one. No turning back now." He walked up to her, strapping her in silver spider-like webs so she couldn't escape. She felt crammed up in the tiny space she had. "Plea..." He hushed her with a loud "Shush" noise. She felt an icy pain go into her body as her aura glowed around the figure of Kelly. She felt coldness go up her spine, and her breathing started to quicken. She felt like she was dying. She wanted to scream but the force had stopped her. She had tried to stop the Headmaster, but she was locked in the now icy webs, feeling like she had been frozen from the feet up. But she kept fighting to break loose until she felt a numbing in her left leg, then in her right leg. The Numbing feeling started to creep up to her stomach, and she thought she was certaintly dying. Her arms went limp and she started falling into a deep sleep. It was a great time to die, Especially when her first day of Highschool was tomorrow.

Kelly had woken up on the couch, the Headmaster gone. Was it all a dream? She felt cold, like her heart was frozen. "W....Why is it s...so cold?" Her hands were slightly blue at the tips, and she walked to the kitchen, huddled up as much as she could, her hands to her chest, trying to warm them. She walked into the small kitchen, reaching out into a small cupboard, grabbing a coffee cup and a box of hot chocolate. Carelessly, she grabbed all the packets and poured it in the cup. She put it under the coffee machine, letting hot water brew it. She huddled over to the closet in the hallway, where there was a huge, pink fluffy blanket calling her name. She wrapped the blanket around her, letting it warm her. Her hands were still blue at the tips. She got her hot chocolate and made her way upstairs, still huddling the blanket around her. She drank all of the hot chocolate, yet she was still cold. She wrapped herself in the blanket and dozed off, waking up at 5:00 A.M. the next day.