Chapter 2

Kelly got ready for school quickly, throwing on a blue shirt and a icey blue hoodie, then some Jeans. It was her first day at her school, and she was prepared. She tucked her hands in her jacket, then headed out the door, her small blue backpack hanging from her shoulders, her glasses hanging off her face.

The walk to her school took no time, and she realized there were so many kids that looked lost. She was full of peace until a kid was running in the hallway and bumped into her roughly, making her fall to the ground. "What the fr-" "I...I'm so sorry." Kelly looked up, seeing a boy with slightly long orange colored hair. He quickly helped her up. "That's a way to make an entrance, i guess," the boy said blushing in embarrassment. He held out his hand. "My name's Shane. And you?" Kelly shook his hand. "Kelly...." He looked shocked as he felt her hand. "Your hand...It's so cold.." She looked down, seeing the blue on her fingertips. She lifted her hands to where she cold see them, seeing ice crystals forming from under her Icey Blue Hoodie. "Are you ok? Your hands...They're turning blue..." Kelly nodded. "Yeah...Perfectly fine...." She took off her glasses, seeing they had been smudged. Her glasses turned ice cold and had frozen, snapping in half. Shane backed away. "How...." He turned. "I..I gotta go..." He ran away quickly. Why had this happen? She looked at her glasses, then to Shane. "Yes....The perfect way to make an entrance." She slid down the wall until she hit the floor, putting her head to her knees.

Kelly headed to class. She Begged for Shane not to be there. She opened the door and walked into the full classroom, one seat left. She sat down in the seat and took out all of the things she needed out of her backpack.  She heared the seat next to her move and she looked up. Next to her was a girl with long, blonde hair. She was wearing a green shirt and some black jeans. She looked at Kelly. "Hi." She waved. Kelly waved back. "Hello." "I'm Zevelynn, and you?" Kelly covered her fingers again. "I'm Kelly." Zevelynn took her hand out the shake her hand. She stared at her hand for a moment, then carefully shook her hand. "Wow.. Your hands are cold." She gave a little shiver. Kelly put her hands back into the pockets of the blue hoodie. "Yeah...I get that a lot..." She told her. "I guess." She murmured the last two words, for the fact that Kelly still had no idea what was going on.

As soon as school had ended, she felt cold stares on her back. She heard footsteps behind her, but wanted to ignore that. She kept walking, until she felt a pat on her shoulder and a familiar voice. "Hey." It was Shane. Just who she didn't want to see. Shane. She turned around. "Hi." She faked a smile. "You alright there, Kelly?" Shane had asked. Kelly shuffled her fingers. "Yeah...I'm sorry about today..." Shane laughed. "Hey, that's ok. Everyone is a little cold on the inside. Hey, I saw you in science class today. We're in the same period, it looks like. If you'd like, we could be partnered up for the class." Kelly nodded. She liked the idea. "Alright, sounds great! Hey, tomorrow, can you come over and I can explain a few things?" Tomorrow is a Saturday. Whoever made the first day of school had great things in mind. "Sure." Shane replied. He flipped his orange hair out of the way. "I have to go. My dad'll be wondering where I am." He waved to Kelly and walked away, heading towards the door. Kelly stared at her hands in confusion. She just invited someone over to her house. Shane. She just invited Shane to her house. She had a troubled smile on her face. She was happy, just...not exactly the kind of happy she wanted. Shane was coming over her house, yet she had to explain what had happened today....The ice...The power. How? She didnt even know what was going on. Hopefully it'll get better....Someday.