Chapter 1-Over the Shoulder Boulder Holder

Hey, I wanted to say a big thank you to @vanessacsi for the cover for this fic.  It looks amazing, my friend.  Big internet hugs to you. - D.G.

<><>

"How was your flight from Singapore?" Sam asks.

"Long," Lena replies with a heavy sigh as she drives her sports car down the streets of National City. "It was twenty-three hours, and the man sleeping in the seat next to me made sounds like a professional lumberjack. I ended up just putting in my headphones and working. The good news is the contract for that new acquisition has been completely reviewed and revised. I sent it back to contracting when we landed, so that's one fewer thing to do. The bad news is I'm exhausted. I have a crick in my neck, a sore back, and my bra is cutting into my shoulders."

Sam's laugh rides through the phone line. "I thought your expensive bras were the most comfortable things ever created? Didn't you say they were the best things ever to wrap themselves around your breasts since ... What was that girl's name?"

"I was drunk. Don't be crude."

Sam laughs again. "You're the one who said it, Lena. I'm just quoting my boss."

"How is it that I'm only your boss when it suits you?"

"Because we're friends. That means I can taunt you mercilessly."

"Hrmmm." Lena squirms in her seat. "Perhaps I should go back to my earlier Luthor days before I hired you, and I didn't have friends."

"Yeah, that sounds fun, Lena. How did that work for you?"

"It ... okay, not well," Lena admits. "Are you sure I can't do better than you for a friend?"

"You tell me."

"Sadly, no," Lena replies. "Even when you're mocking me, you're a fabulous friend. Hey, how are those quarterly reports looking? Did you get the ... ugh. God damn it." Squirming again, Lena reaches underneath her shirt in the back, playing with the hook of her bra.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm so done with this damn bra!"

"Ha! Your thousand dollar bra?"

"Don't be ridiculous, Sam." Unhooking the bra, Lena sighs with relief. "It only cost me $600."

"Only!? Lena, all of my bras combined don't cost that much."

"Well, now you're definitely exaggerating."

"No, I'm not. Normal people don't spend that much on a bra. If I spend that much on something for my breasts, it better do a lot more than just hold them in place."

As she does the magic trick, pulling off her bra without removing her shirt, Lena asks, "You're not still in the office, are you?"

"No, I'm waiting outside for you to pick me up. Why, do you need something?"

"Just a drink, a lot of drinks. The way this conversation is going, I think one of us is going to be writing the other one up with HR if you're still at the office, so I wanted to check."

"Oh, I should be so lucky to be harassed by you, Mama Moneybucks. Please, please harass me, and I'll settle out of court."

"You're hysterical. If I'm going to harass anyone, it's going to be that cute blonde in ... nope!"

"Who were you going to say?" There is an obvious smile in Sam's voice.

"I am way too tired to have this conversation. I was in an all-day conference, went to dinner with the client, and finished it up with a twenty-three-hour flight. My twenty-four-hour bra expired twelve hours ago, and my sober expired even longer ago. I'm going to pick you up, we'll go to my place, and we'll ... Oh, my God!" Head snapping to the right side, Lena stares out of the car's window at what she'd just done.