Birthday Cake

Today is my birthday! I woke up at 7:00 to get ready as my family were coming round for lunch and to give me my presents. I heard a knock on the door, and if I had to guess who it was I would guess the guy that lives nextdoor.

"Jason?" It wasn't Big Marvel like I had predicted, but the American man himself. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, Big M sent me to ask if you wanted to come out somewhere with us."

"I can't today, my family are coming round because it's my birthday, you're invited to the party if you want to come?"

"Sounds fun! I'll ask Big Marvel."

Jason could speak Korean very well, although sometimes he got words a bit confused.

"Okay, see you at 1?" I smiled.

"Cool, need help setting up?"

"I'm alright thanks, bye!" I waved to him and he headed nextdoor, probably to tell Big Marvel it was my birthday today.

I took a trip to the supermarket to pick up some ingredients and party food.

When I got home I made a cake, put out some crisps and snacks, and made some sandwiches. I set them all on a long table to the side of my lounge and put up fairy lights and banners.

"There." I sighed as I walked back over to the kitchen to tidy up.

There was a ring at the door and I rushed over to the door, ignoring the smell of smoke coming from the oven.

Opening the door I saw my mum with presents in her arms smiling widely at me.

"Hello! Happy Birthday!" She said while hugging me. "I have more presents in the car, and your aunt's on her way!" She said running into the lounge and placing the gifts next to the sofa. "I'll be 10 mins, just got to get the other things!"

I grinned and walked back over to the kitchen. "It smells like smoke?"

"ARE YOU KIDDIN-"

"I'm an idiot." I said as I reached into the oven taking out the now brown birthday cake and having a breakdown. "It's okay."

I put the cake in the fridge to cool and put a thick layer of buttercream over the brown burnt crumbs. "Well it'll look good at least." I frowned adding more sprinkles.

I opened the windows to get rid of the smell. I heard someone unlock my door. "Happy Birthday!!" It was Big Marvel, Big Sky and Jason. Big Marvel was standing in the centre of the three holding a...

Yes. A perfectly unburned cake!

"Hello! Thankyouthankyou! You just saved the party!" I said grabbing the unusually light cake and placing it next to my burnt one. "I burnt the other cake I made." I sighed.

"Well lucky you." The three handed me presents and I thanked them and placed them in the pile.

My mum with my aunties, uncles, grandparents and cousins showed up. I welcomed them all and introduced them to my new friends.

"Do you think it's time to cut the cake now?" My mum asked.

"Yep I'll go get candles."

I bought Big Marvel's cake out and lit some candles.

"Hhhhappy birthdayy tooo you! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Y/N, happy birthday to youuuuu!" I blew out the flames and made a wish. I was so happy to see my friends and family together.

Someone turned the lights back on and I was handed a knife. I went to cut the cak-

BANG

PlEaSe Do NoT TeLl Me BiG MaRvEl pUt A BaLlOoN...

IN THE CAKE!

Icing was splattered everywhere and I growled a low, angry growl, before murdering Big Marvel with the knife that was dangerously in my hands.

Unfortunately he had sprinted out the door already and Jason was giggling like a kid, while Big Sky, he was on the floor rolling in laughter.

I ran as fast as I could out the door to catch up with the prankster.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE-"

Hello! A new chapter for Lindsey_K-pop and readingtiger__ 🌻