Chapter 15 (FLUFF)

The group of friends (Nolan, included) all sat in the library, exchanging gifts and stories, enjoying their Christmas morning. Nadia and Z sat together on the couch, their bodies cuddled close together, Nadia practically melting into Z's warm body. Everyone held a cup of steaming apple cider brought by the house elves, who seemed happy that they decided to stay at the school over the break. 

The group laughed when Samantha pulled out a sweater from a present her grandparents sent her. It seemed to be an annual thing, her grandparents would always try to give her clothing. This time they went a little over the top.

Sam held the sweater up, looking at it strangely. "It's . . . so . . . pink?" she said uncertainly, grimacing. She chuckled and placed her sweater to the side.

Nadia leaned her head back and kissed Z gently on his chin, before returning to her comfortable position. Nora and Nolan held hands while they talked, discussing the wonders of the holidays. It was a joyous time, all was right. No worries, no Hufflepuffs, no Mycroft, no Moriarty.

Z and Nadia got up off the couch and walked off, holding hands. Everyone was curious as to where they were going, but didn't ask. Z had promised to Show Nadia something special.

He led her down hallways and up moving staircases to the top of the school to an old painting sitting on the wall. Z walked up to the painting with Nadia. 

"Password?" the woman in the painting asked. She wore a scarlet dress, deep as blood.

"Passion."

The woman nodded and her painting swung forward. Z held his hand over Nadia's eyes as they stepped inside, wanting everything to be a surprise. After about thirty seconds, Z removed his hand from Nadia's eyes revealing the room around her. She smiled, inhaling happily.

The ground was covered in blankets and pillows, all shades of white, red, blue, yellow and green, with a large Christmas tree in the corner. The window in the middle of the far wall had a nook of some sort over looking all of the castle grounds. The scene was breath-taking, so festive and bright. Nadia beamed and turned to Z, who pointed up at the ceiling.

Dangling above them was a single mistletoe. Nadia wrapped her arm around Z's neck and pulled him close, pressing her lips against his. Z wrapped his arms around her waist. After a while, they finally released for air. "I love you, Z," Nadia whispered, gazing into his eyes.

Z smiled and said it in return. The two sat on in the corner, cushioned by blankets and pillows, warm sunlight shining through the frost-laced window. The two sat close together, Z's arm wrapped around Nadia's waist, pulling her closer. "How long will you love me, Z?" Nadia asked curiously. Z chuckled.

Such a silly question, it didn't need an answer. "Until death do we part, my love," he whispered into her ear. "And how long will you love me?"

Nadia smiled while she answered. "Until the end of time, dearest. I'll love you until the sun dies and the universe fades into non-exsistence. You'll always be mine," she replied, kissing Z's cheek as they laid there. They almost fell asleep like that. No words were needed, they just stayed there in silence, enjoying the wonderful moment. Their moment. The time belonged to them, and only them. It was like nothing could separate them.

As if only death could do them part.