Prologue

Baby alex^.^
Please ignore all errors thank you.

Prologue

Baby Alexander was born to the king of Atlanta, what joy had filled then hearts of the citizens of the kingdom that day.

It was to be the most memorable time of the year, that night the king and queen invited everyone in the kingdom to come celebrate the birth of the prince who would take over after his father at the right age.

Normally they don't celebrate the birth of a prince that much because a king has concubines and then his queen but this king refused any concubine because he loved his queen more than life it self and second to the kingdom.

For over ten years the queen couldn't bear a child and the elders in council berated her and kept on encouraging the king to get a concubine even if it's only one, the king refused saying if she can't birth a child then they adopt a baby.

"That is an abomination your Majesty"

"Outrageous"

"Royalty won't be in their vein"

"The bloodline would end then"

All this comments didn't change his mind, even when the queen requested he sleep with someone else to get the child he refused. He knew he couldn't sleep with anyone else that wasn't his wife.

During all this the king always prayed to the goddess of fertility daily even though his wife gave up on praying, he did it on her behalf.

When the goddess saw his faithfulness and his love for his wife she was moved so she made him see her, at the sight of her beauty he fell at her feet crying.

"Please bless my wife with fertility, remove those shameful clothes from her shoulders. It doesn't matter the consequences of a man praying to a goddess of fertility. But please help my wife"

Moved by this she spoke sweetly picking up his crown that had fallen and placed it on his head.

"Dear child the consequences of a king bowing and a man entering into my temple are both at war here but I will bless your wife with a child but be prepared for calamity to befall your kingdom"

"Calamity, oh goddess would my kingdom be destroyed?"

"Yes child but your child shall carry your next generation no matter the sex, I will rebuild your kingdom from your child."

With those final words she vanished, the king stood to his feet wiped his tears and returned back to his wife in her chambers. That night he laid with his wife and a month later it was pronounced she was pregnant.

"Are you sure the pregnancy is the king's"

"Blasphemy, don't let your provocative words be heard or it would be off with your heads"

That night,

"A toast to the new born heir of the throne Alexander Loren McCann" the king said raising his glass half filled with wine while giving everyone a heartfelt laugh.

After the birth of his son, the king and his wife took him and a lot of offerings to the temple of the goddess of fertility. In front of her statue he laid the child at her feet, she looked at the child who was fast a sleep then a small sparkling light landed on his head and her soft voice said.

"I bless you with aesthetic beauty and the ability to carry your next generation "

The queen shook her head at her husband wanting to pick up her child from the feet of the goddess but the king prevented her, she struggled before picking her son up and left.