Night in the Cultivair

I smell the cauldron boiling under the green light of my home... The scent is perfect as they begin to blend into a deep green. I have to maintain this temperature lest I want the magic to leak out! I take a handful of casks and put them in. I counted 5. For 5 brilliant subjects loyal to the sewer king! Subjects that SHOULD be loyal! This will be good for now. I'll make more eventually, but time is running short for me. I put 4 of them on my back and 1 of them on my crossbow for safety measures. Just in case they wanted to reject MY peaceful and ultimately better offers. Now it's only a matter of finding just where they are.

"Roachmen!" I shout frantically, clawing on the walls heavily for one of them to pop out. By my command, one did. It simply looked at me for the cracks. I swipe him in my hand quickly and wrapped him in a fist. "You.. You saw him, yes!?" I ask. "Tell me where he went... My first subject!" The roach squeaks frantically as it tries to escape. "Hm.. What? He's with the Goopy One?" My hand loosens in disbelief. The roach roams free, but stays on my fingers. "So.. he was telling the truth.." I look into the potion deeply. I turn to see ZAC's little trash-bag bed in the corner of the lair with some of his weird posters from the surface. The bed wasn't made and it's an utter mess. Dust and rat bones piled all over the place and my test potions leaked on some of his famed "heroes". Usually he would be one to clean things up...

"What.. what day is it? How many had past?" I ask.

The roach peeped. I step back. "A week... A WEEK!?" I shout in disbelief. "He... He left me!" I pause for a moment. "He's trying to take MY subject away! MY plague rat!" I try to think of the many excuse he would've had. Nothing came up, all that came up was the potions.. The hard work that was put it. The hard work grows heavy in my beady eyes. I never slept for days! I've always slept when ZAC introduced it to me, but NOW I worked every hour, every minute, EVERY SECOND; it MUST work! It's all in my grasp, but he took it away! I look back at my beloved work with my sweat and tears and cackle at its glow. "Hehe.. Heh.. He's my friend.. My subject. He wouldn't do this to me! HE CAN'T! He's mine! yes? MINE! Hehe..HAHAH! Even if he did.. I can just get him back. I can get him back with MY creation!" I huff, feeling my voice crack. The roach looks at me suspciously I see it in his small eyes!

"SHUT UP! This.. this is for the greater good! They'll be better with ME as ruler! ME under their helm! Those two have NOWHERE TO GO! They just don't realize it yet.. They don't understand it.. but they will eventually.." I pat the potions on my back as I giggled. "Now.. do as your sewer king commands: tell me.. where did they run to?"

 where did they run to?"

Click!

The lock's broken. I took my green key-shaped hand out of the keyhole and transformed it back to a normal looking hand. I walk in, feeling the fresh green air blowing across my head. It always feels nice to go in here to take a break, but I shouldn't stay here for long; someone's waiting for food back at the house. I look over the numerous exotic fruits and vegetables as if it was a grocery shop. I held the apples, dragon fruits, durians.. all of them and held it to my nose. Scratch likes soft fruits; his teeth are pretty misshapen, and he likes sweets like me. Let's just hope he doesn't barf the food out like next time. Any fruit I found is put into a bag I carried on my arm. Apples.. Oranges.. some lettuce and broccoli for health...