Chapter One

"Looks even shitter in person" James whistled as he stepped out of his car with you close behind, both of you slamming the car doors shut as you peered up at the small, old building that was slowly rotting away. The years truly had not been kind to it as it was obvious mother nature desperately was trying to reclaim the land that had been taken away from her when the studio had been built. What James had said was true, when looking at the building through photographs that had been taken of it, it hadn't looked nearly as bad as it did in person. The woodwork and paint were chipping away and deteriorating quickly as the years go by and the constant change in weather seemed to just beat down on it every chance it got.

"Remember, James, in and out. We're only going in there to meet with Joey and explain to him why my dad couldn't come" you reminded your friend as you took a step closer towards the single wooden door that served as the only entrance to the building. The blond once again saluted you, marching his way behind you with a wide smile as he listened to the way you chuckled and shook your head. The door seemed to loudly creak as you pushed it opened, the sound echoing and bouncing off the walls as both you and your friend peeked inside, staring down the long hallway that stretched out before you. You were surprised to find that the lights appeared to be on-though dimmed down quite a bit that it seemed to give the inside of the building an eerie feeling.

From what you could see as you both stayed perfectly still near the entrance of the building, posters seemed to line either side of the hallway, each one broadcasting to you the name of the episodes that had once been produced at this studio. Each one also adored a black and white drawing of the animation studios mascot...Bendy if you remembered correctly. He was the one you remembered your father talking about the most, the one that he himself had helped create when he still worked at the studio. Though you could also make out that a couple of the posters on the walls held another character, one you don't remember your father talking that much about-or maybe he had, and you just never paid that much attention when he did. You weren't sure which.

James was the first one to move, finally walking further into the building and halfway down the hall before stopping to peer back at you. Quick to motioning for you to follow along as a smirk crept its way onto his face when he saw that you hadn't moved right away. "What? Scared?" he mockingly asked, before bending his arms and resting his fists on his hips as he flapped his now bent arms like wings, stomping his feet around as he tried to mimic the sound that a chicken would make.

"You look fucking stupid!" you snorted, raising your hand to cover your mouth as a wide smile stretched over your lips. With a shake of your head, you entered the building, jumping and spinning around when the door suddenly and loudly slammed shut behind you. James also seemed to flinch at the sudden action, lowering his arms and looking at the door in surprise as he hadn't expected it to shut so smoothly with how loudly it creaked when you both had pushed it open earlier. Looking at each other, the blond only shrugged his shoulders and was prepared to continue further down the hall before stopping as his nose suddenly scrunched up and his face twisted up into a look of disgust.

"What's that smell?" he asked, instantly plugging his nose as he looked around before stopping as he finally took notice to the black substance that was dripping from the roof, creating a puddle off to one of the sides of the hall. "Is that...is that ink?" he asked, surprised to see ink leaking from the ceiling as he curiously took a step closer to see if his suspicion was right.

"Why would ink be leaking from the ceiling?" you raised an eyebrow, stepping closer as well to peer up towards the black stain mark on the ceiling that seemed to be steadily dripping the black substance. Being so close to it, the fumes were a lot stronger now and you quickly covered your nose as well as you stepped back and watched your blond-headed friend poke his foot into the puddle of ink-letting some of the substance drip on to his shoe as well and stain it.