Chapter 1: A Sad Introduction

A/N The main character is kinda confusing so... Sorry Plz don't hate too much but constructive criticism is always welcome. The book is in the MCs POV

Everyone smiles at me as I walk through the school doors. Unlike so many people I hate it so much. The girls giggle and whisper "ooh Damin looks cute in that outfit" and the guys say "Dude he looks so cool I wish I could be him". Now for most of you that sounds pretty good right? Not for me, I would rather not be gawked at and be envied. Just so you know my name is Damin, pronounced the same way as Damon.

According to all of the peers of mine I am the "coolest kid in highschool". A lot of girls have crushes on me and a lot of guys are jealous but want to be my friend. Although the only person in this school that is my friend is Conner my best friend and pretty much my brother (not biologically). He is what everyone calls a nerd but I have known him for my whole life and our mothers grew up together. Not to mention I live with him and his family. If you are wondering why I will tell you the sad part of my childhood noone except them knows about.

My mother got pregnant with my father a few months after they got married. They were happy and found out it was going to be a boy! Sadly when the baby boy (me) was born my mother died during childbirth. My dad tried to raise me all by himself. But because mom died he had a serious drug and alcohol addiction. Eventually when I was 5 he left and never came back. That's when Conners mom and dad, Beth and Carson took me in. I swear to god if you are pitying me I will punch you whether you are a male or a female I hate that shit.

But growing up I started getting distant and when I was 8 I was diagnosed with Severe Depression, Anxiety, and Mysophobia (Germiphobia). Although the Mysophobia is not as much of a problem anymore for instance I can play sports and all that stuff at school instead of being too afraid to touch a ball. I am aware that it sounds like my life is horrible and I am warning you this is a sad story but it is also the story of how I feel in love.

A/N This is going to be a sad story and will have lots of depression themes and some abuse so be prepared