Chapter 9: Seniors

Schools over and Conner has comic book club today so I am walking home alone. I take a back route so I get home quicker until I saw two seniors kicking something. Ah crap they have to be beating the crap out of the new kid? God damn asshole seniors, you messed with the wrong new kid this time.

"Hey! Get away from him" there were only two so I might be able to take them on if they are actual idiots. One of them, probably the head honcho, laughed and spit at me "Wanna go kid?" He asked with a gross scratchy voice. "Listen guys I don't want to fight but if you don't back away from the new kid then i guess we will fight."

The second one laughs and says with a strange accent "ah yeh? Whaddya gunna do bout it?" and he kicks the unconscious new kid again. Sadly I  have to my fists up to fight. The second one with the weird accent lunges at me with a right hook. Looks like he boxes more than anything else. I duck my head grab his fist and twist his arm behind his back until I shove him into a tree headfirst. He is still conscious so he doesn't have a concussion but he is on the ground crying for his mommy.

Then the bigger guy takes out a pocket knife and tried to jab me with it but he clearly had no experience with knives. After he tries to stab me again I grab the handle and twist his hand until he cries out and let's go and I knee him in the stomach. As they were both on the ground one puking the other crying for his mom I picked up Matt bridal style and carry him home even though he is a lot heavier than I would have expected. He was badly beaten and unconscious, so hopefully Carson was home.

When I got home I called for Carson who was in the garage. "I need your help in here Carson" I yelled out to him. I plopped Matt down on the the kitchen island. When Carson walked through the door he looked at me, then at Matt, and asked me in a worried voice what happened. "He got attacked by two asshole seniors and I handled them" I answered and he raised an eyebrow at me "No concussions, or brown bones right?" He questioned concerned. The rule was that if i out someone in a hospital that I have to see my therapist I hate again. "The one that pulled a knife may have I broken finger" I shrugged.

"Alright looks like there are no serious injuries except for these burns which are about 5 years old." Holy shit, he was 10 when he got these serious burns? Then I remembered that I have his file because the receptionist lady was busy how convenient. "Now where do you live..." I questioned even though he was asleep. "Miss Bioliks home for kids! We should call the number" I informed Carson as he started to call. So... Matt was an orphan? Is that where the bur... It's none of my business I thought.

Then a lady with a old smokers voice answered the phone "Who's there? Whaddyawant?" She demanded. Carson calmly answered "Hello I am Carson Mills and we have someone from your orphange that is hurt badly would you like me to drive him back for you?" "Do ya mean Matthew? Nah keep the little twerp hes annoying" she answered and hung up. Carson tried calling back but apparently she blocked our number, rude. Then Lee came home and saw Matt on the table, "umm... Who's the dead kid on the table?" She asked confused. "New student" I grumbled and she headed up to her room. "No need to help with homework today Damey we had a substitute" she called out at the top of the stairs.

"He can have my bed tonight, I don't mind being on the floor" I suggested to Carson who agreed. "Alright let's pick him up" Carson started reaching out until I stopped him, "I can do it Carson don't worry about it" I said as I grabbed Matt and brought him upstairs onto my bed. I was so tired that after about twenty minutes I just passed out on the floor.