stage 1 level 1

jela isn't usually the type to sleep very much, since she always thinks that sleep takes up pretty much half of her time and because of that she would continuously drown herself in coffee.

and in all of those sleepless nights, she would draw or study in her backyard patio, with neon sometimes sneaking in.

the patio was enclosed by white walls with some plants and bushes hanging here and there, yellow bells and carnations made the patio look pretty. 

on the right corner there you will see the door leading to the garden. it had a glass roof, plants in pots and a big pristine clear chandelier were hung up connected to it.

a long wooden table with approximately eight chairs that had cushions sat at the center of it, at the center of the table were potted cacti.

and at one side there was a love seat with a coffee table.

and there was a very cool record player with a shelf full of records accompanying it by the glass door that leads to the house, too.

tonight was like any night, she would take eventual swigs from her coffee and she would study.

with the eraser tip of a pencil on her lip, gnawing on it gently.

her head whipped at the sound of the garden door opening, eyebrows furrowed when she looked at her watch.

it read 11:28 pm.

she sighed then smiled at the figure that came in, it was neon.

"i thought you wanted to get that 'healthy amount of sleep'?"

"too late now, i fucked it up."

jela laughed at her friend's comment. she patted on the chair beside her, signaling her friend to sit on it.

the male sat on the soft cushioned chair comfortably, sighing in content.

he then dropped a paper bag on the table and his backpack on the floor beside the chair he was sitting on, making a ruffling noise.

jela's eyes brightened up at the package.

"what's that?"

"i stopped by that resto that was open twenty-four seven, y'know the kind that sells hella good meat?"

jela started to tear up, making neon flinch.

"woah! what the f- what's wrong? did i say anything ba-"

"that was so thoughtful of you, neon, i love you, seriously."

neon sighed deeply, furrowing his eyebrows. then he pinched jela's cheeks.

"don't give me another heart attack again you, shit."

"can't i be surprised that you thought of my hunger?"

"you shouldn't have scared me shitless!"

"fine, sorry!"

neon let go of her and sighed. putting arms behind his back and propping both of his feet on the table.

both sat in silence, jela taking advanced notes on her notebook while neon sighed once again, looking at the lit chandelier. 

jela looked at neon and noticed his unusually tired behavior then started to worry.

"hey, did something happen?"

neon looked at her, removing his glasses and placing it on the table next to the paper bag.

"i'm scared of what will happen."

neon looked at the wall in front of him blankly. his gaze then directed to jela, who looked at him full of concern.