28 < Head up Princess, your crown will fall off >

* Callie's POV *

We meaning the Mums, Jude and I were sitting on Mums' bed. Jude was furtherest away and I sighed then looked over at Mama who looked confused but Mum had tears rolling down her eyes. " Bill called." Mum whispered. " It's about your father." She whispered. I laughed.

" Do I really have to be here?" I questioned and Mum gave me a warning look.

" He is dying." Mum whispered and I looked at Jude who frowned.

" You are lying!" Jude said as he stood up and Mum shook her head.

" Jude, I wouldn't lie."

" You would! You are." Jude screamed and I stood up.

" I am... I am just going to get some air." I whispered and Jude ran over to me then smacked me in the face.

" Go run away again. Go on, Callie." Jude said and I looked at him then looked at the Mums'.

" Callie, go to your room or go outside." Mama whispered with a small smile reassuring me. I nodded and ran to the backyard then lied on the swinging chair with my face facing the back of the chair then cried.

* Stef's POV *

I got hold of Jude after Callie went and held him. " He is dying, sweetie." I whispered then he bursted into tears. I carried him to our bed then Lena and I lied on both sides of him. He curled himself into my body and Lena and I held him. " It's okay to cry." I whispered then looked over at Lena who was fighting tears. I nodded. " Cry if you need." I lip said and she let some tears rolled her eyes. After a while, I heard snores coming from Jude then I pulled apart. " I need to go find Callie." I whispered to Lena. She nodded with a small smile. I walked down the stairs and saw everybody else watching tv. I sighed then walked to the backyard then saw Calie on the swinging chair crying. " Aw. Cals." I whispered as I sat her up then sat next to her then she threw herself at me in tears.

" I can't help it." She whispered. " I should be happy."

" You known him for your whole life. You feel a connection to him even if he was a terrible person. That is life." I whispered and she sighed. " You need to go see him with Jude. You need to sort this out so you don't feel so terrible."

" I can't, Mummy." She whispered and I sighed.

" You need this. He owes you this." I said in a soft but stern tone. " And you owe yourself to know why he has been like this."

-

I held Callie and Lena held Jude while we walked through the doors of the hospital. I walked to the nurse at the desk. " Ronald Jacobs, please." She gave us a door number and we walked there. " Callie." I cooed as I turned her around to look at me. " Are you going to be okay with Jude?"

" I agreed to say good bye and heal the wounds. I think I can do this." She said with a small reassuring smile. 

" Okay. Mama and I will be out here if you need us." I whispered and she nodded. I looked over at Lena who was giving Jude a prep talk. I nodded then both of them went in holding each others hands.

* Callie's POV *

" Callie. Jude." Dad whispered and I smiled a little.

" Hi." I said with a whisper. I wasn't sure if he heard but he did.

" Bye." Jude said then ran out. I turned around, ready to call him back but Dad stopped me.

" Don't worry about him. He is probably scared from all these machines connecting to me." I turned around slowly and saw him smiling. " I didn't think you would come."

" Well, I wanted to heal our relationship because you know....."

" I know, baby." He said with a small smile. " You can say it. It isn't a bad word. I am dying." Tears escaped from my eyes. " Hey, don't cry." I walked over and took his hand. I looked down as tears rolled down my eyes. " Head up Princess, your crown will fall off." I looked at him as a memory came up in my head. 

" Oh. My. God." I said as my free hand covered my mouth in shock. " You weren't as bad as I thought."

" I only got bad when I found out that you weren't biologically mine." I blinked tears away in shock. 

" W-what?" I stuttered as I let go of his hand in shock. " I am adopted?"

" No, baby. Of course not. I am not your biological father." He said with a small smile as he offered his hand. I took it remembering why I came here in the first place. " I love you like you are my own daughter though. If I ever had a daughter, I could imagine her being just like you."

" Really?" I whispered and he laughed.

" Yeah. The way I see it, I can see a lot of me in you." He said with a smile. I smiled back. It wouldn't be such a bad thing though. " Callie, I always love you and Jude. I had an addicition. But that addiction won't define me. I won't let it. I am not my addicition, I promise." I nodded.

" I know." I said with a sigh. " I just wanted to be angry at someone. You were easy to be angry at but more easy to love you." 

" I hope you can forgive me though, Callie." Dad said softly as he eyes dropped. " I made mistakes...And I want to fix them...." Beeps filled the room and I stood up.

" Dad, I forgive you. Please wake up." I begged mulitple times as nurses ran in then announced the time of death. He was gone. 

" Callie, stop." Stef begged but I kept trying to escape her grip. Then, darkness filled my eyes and I felt light. Was this heaven?

- - -