Chapter Two

"Got everything?" Claire's dad asks, as she's rummaging through her bag. 

"I think so," Claire replies. "Tooth brush, yes, shoes, yes-" 

She's inturrupeted by the intercom, 'Everyone on the Plane to Melbourne, Australia you have 10 minutes to board.'

“well, that’s me..” Claire starts, awkwardly. Her dad pulls Claire in for a long hug, with them mumbling into each others shoulders 'I love you' and 'I will miss you'  Claire's dad pulls away to look at her , and gives her a smile. As Claire boards the plane she looks out the window to see her dad waving, tears rolling down his cheeks. She sits down and prepares her self for leaving her dad and living with he mom. 'this is going to be a looong flight' she thinks to herself. 

After a 14 hour plane ride

Claire's eyes flutter open to see the hostess nudging her, "Plane's landed hun, time to get off!" 

She quickly hops up and grabs all her stuff and hurries off the plane. Claire makes her way to the lobby, and instantly recognizes her mom. "She looks the same as she did when I was a kid." Claire mumbles. 

"Oh Claire! It's so good to see you!" She quickly heads over to Claire, with her arms out for a hug. She leads Claire to her car and they on their way home the just chat, catching up on all the years they were apart. 

As soon as they get home, Claire's mom shows Claire to her new room. "I hope this will be okay!" She adds before exiting the room

Claire starts setting up her room, hanging posters, setting up her desk, ect. After she had finally finished she decided to go take a break from being inside. 

On her way to the front door, her mother stopped her, "and where are you going?" She questions, hands on hips.

Claire hesitates, "I was going to go outside and see Australia..." 

 Her mother makes a "pfft. I haven't seen you in I dont know how many years and you just want to leave me? Why don't we talk some more get to know eachother?"

Claire smiles, "that sounds great." They both sit down on the couch in silence and Claire begins catching he mother up on her childhood. Telling stories from school, in the middle of her story Claire looks over and realizes her mother is on the phone with someone. "Mom?" she says.

"Uh- oh hold on- this is a work friend Claire I need to talk to him." He mother states.

Claire angrily grabs her Penny board and heads outside, after skating around for a bit she had found a park. She wanders around the park and notices and girl drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, she was writing 'Kaitlin' in really big, blue letters that seemed 3D, “wow that’s really good!” Claire exclaims, not really meaning to say it out loud.

Kaitlin turns around, smiling and dusting off her hands. "Wow! Thanks! I was just messing around, I'm Kaitlin." Kaitlin offers out her hand.

"Claire, I just moved here." Claire smiles taking Kaitlin's hand. 

"Well, Claire, you seem cool enough, want to catch a movie or something?" Kaitlin asks, Claire nods and they make their way to a train.

Please vote, comment and fan. I love you.