Chapter 2 Cold Life

"What did he say?" Rayford asked inquisitively.

"I- I Don't know, but I need to get home."

"Okay. Go home to take care of your sis." Rayford said with a smirk.

I walked down the dirt road to my home thinking about the day my village was attacked and my parents were killed. I clenched my fist in anger for not being able to do anything. I soon arrived at my home, It was decent as houses go. As soon as I reached the deck, Zack (The guard who rescued Kevin and Terra) comes out to greet me home. 

"Hey drunk, you're late. Where were you last night?" Zack said with a blank face.

"I had some business In town."

"Drinking and gambling is not business!" He spoke with anger.

"Whatever at least I came back."

"You said you would quit drinking and gambling, your just a boy." Zack said with conviction.

"I don't care what happened, just go talk to your sister."

"Why, your here?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I've been called to service."

FEW HOURS LATER

I was left to start a fire, and Zack gotten all of his stuff ready for the long trip tomorrow.

"Dam fire." I said as I burned myself, but the warmth felt good against my skin

 I start sharpening some sticks thinking about what Zack said."Hmm....."I got up, and yelled for Terra."Terra!! Dinners Ready!" She didn't come.I Walked over to the house. "Terra?" I opened the front door, its trashed.

I looked around a little, and what i found was terrifying. Blood was every where. I found a dead man lying on the ground with an knife in his neck. I rolled him over to see his face, it was Zack.

"Z-Zack. No." With tears falling from my face.

I stood up "Terra!! Where are you?!"

I look around to find a blood trail leading up the stairs. I follow the trail to Terra's room. I pulled my knife from my sheath. I shoved the door open to find My sister being pinned down by some man. Rage floods into my body. I grabbed him from behind and threw him to the wall. Terra starts gasping for air. I put myself between Terra and her assailant. He gets back up and taunts me. I rushed him and slammed into his abdomen.

we both went through the wall. I land on top of him, and yank out my knife and stab him right in the rib cage. He reacted fast and pulled out a small dagger from his side and stabbed me in the left forearm, as I was about to stab him in the chest. I ripped out the dagger and grabbed him by his throat and shoved the dagger straight into his gut. I hear small cries of pain escaping from his mouth.

"You will pay for what you have done." as i push down the dagger deeper in him.

He grabs the hilt of the dagger to stop me from driving the dagger anymore deeper, but his grip starts to loosen as he starts to lose consciousness. I watched take his last breath, then he passes away as the blood spills from him.

"Dam bastard." I say as tears slip from eyes.

I pull the dagger out of him and dropped the dagger on the ground. I got off his cold soulless body. I didn't notice my sister crying until I looked over to her. I walk over to her and give her a hug.

"It's alright, it's all over." I said as I hugged her.

THE NEXT DAY

They lowered Zack's body and coffin into his grave and the priest spoke his words:

"Grant this mercy, O Lord, we beseech Thee, to Thy servant departed, that he may not receive in punishment the requital of his deeds who in desire did keep Thy will, and as the true faith here united him to the company of the faithful, so may Thy mercy unite him above to the choirs of angels. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace."