Chapter 3 Faraway Terror

After Zack was buried, Terra and I headed home to pack our things. When we got there, it seamed like the murder scene was still playing out in my head. I walked up to Terra's room I dragged the dead assassin down the stairs.

"Go get your things." I said

"Okay." She said with sadness and a crippled heart.

I looked a little closer at the dead assassin. I see a symbol on his neck, I turn  his head over to get a closer look. The only thing that comes to mind when I saw that symbol was "Persian raiders". The symbol looked like a large black V a curved sword and dagger. I stumbled back. Dropping the dead mans head.

"No, please no." I say as tears slip and fall from my terrified eyes. I look back at the dead assassin and see a piece of paper. It was stamped with a wax seal, that was already broken. I read it-

Dear Vivic

Your orders are to kill the Zack Gresh and bring back the two children Terra and Kevin alive. If you cannot subdue the boy, kill him and bring the girl. This is your last chance to prove your worth. Get them or never come back. Do not test my patience.

From

General Atash Mehin

It takes me a few moments to register what I just read. First anger takes over me, but then sorrow sets in. The realization that Zack is dead, he was like a father to me. Vivic was going to either way, if he returned without us he was going to die.

I folded the letter and stuck it in my pocket. I dragged Vivic outside to bury him. I dug him a grave, and heaved is lifeless corpse into the pit. Covered him with dirt. I gathered my things, and walked down the hall. I stopped by Zack's room, I remember all the times Zack helped me and most of all, the time he helped my sister and I through the loss of our parents and friends.

When we first arrived, everyone was hesitant to talk to us, and somewhat scared of me. It was hard for me to make friends. But my sister made friends easily. There was one kid that bothered me the most, Rayford that kid became my best friend.

I walked into, Zack's room, looking around as if it were the first time being there. I stare at Zack's picture, after a few minutes I lay his picture face down, As if it were laying him to rest. Terra left to my aunt and uncles. I finally left Zack's house, I thought it was dusk. But when I stepped out, it was pitch black out. I lit a faint fire than stuffed some of the hot coals and embers in a hollowed out log. and followed the path to the near bye village.

When I arrived at my uncles and aunts house, everyone was asleep except my uncle. He was cleaning his collection of swords. I knocked on the wall to get his attention, he finally looked over. 

"You'r sister was worrying about you, she thought you might have gone missing or hurt."

She has nothing to worry about.

"You shouldn't say that to her, she was starting to get scared. You should get some rest."

Several Hours Later

There was a loud noise outside in the hall, I left my bed to investigate.

What was that?

The hall was lit only by a few small candles. I made it to the family room, but  i heard a small creak come from the floor boards behind me and then everything was black.