Chapter 3: Kuch Toh Hai

__________Flashback__________

Sanskar Maheshwari sat in his living room playing the grand piano. In front of him, his Ragini danced and hummed a song along with him. Sanskar continued playing passionately, pressing each key and watched the love of his life. She twirled around, as Sanskar felt her hands wrap around his shoulder. He could feel his and her heartbeat sync into one.

"I love you," Ragini said as she kissed Sanskar on the cheek. This was the day Ragini expressed her love for Sanskar. Sanskar got up from his piano bench and turned toward Ragini.

"What did you say Ragini?" Sanskar asked again surprised.

"I love you," Ragini whispered as she tiptoed up enough to reach Sanskar's lips. She softly brushed her lips against Sanskar's lips. Sanskar picked up Ragini and twirled her around in the air.

"Ragini you made me the luckiest man today," Sanskar said as he twirled his Ragini in the air. Ragini raised her hand up as she swirled around. Sanskar and Ragini, forever she thought. She looked down at Sanskar's face as his eyes twinkled. Then she looked around and saw how high she was.

"Sanskar, please put me down before you drop me." Ragini said now a bit scared.

"Drop you never. I will hold you up forever." Sanskar said as he laughed seeing his Ragini nervous.

"Please Sanskar, I am scared of height," Ragini said and that's when Sanskar lost his balance and Ragini fell out of Sanskar's hand to the ground.

"Ragini!" Sanskar screamed.

_________Flashback Ends____________

"Ragini!" Sanskar screamed as he woke up. Sweat was running across his face. Sanskar threw away the blanket off of him and got off from the bed. It was his fault that Ragini was no longer in his life. That's when Sanskar heard Ragini's voice coming from downstairs. Sanskar ran out of his room and followed the voice of Ragini. Sanskar reached downstairs and opened the back door to the gardens. The first think Sanskar felt was a drop of a snowflake on his forehead. He looked up as thousands of particles of snowflakes touched his face then melted away. Then he heard his Ragini sing again. But it wasn't Ragini, it was Swara; Ragini's sister.

Swara was twirling around as a shower of snowflakes fell on top of her. She lived life as if she had nothing else to lose. Sanskar walked towards Swara and Swara stopped twirling hearing Sanskar's footsteps.

"Angel, are you up already?" Swara asked turning toward where Sanskar's footstep was coming from. Sanskar walked toward Swara as Swara continued smiling. Swara called Sanskar her angel. The angel that her Ragini di sent her. Sanskar went along with it if that made Swara happy then that will make his Ragini happy. Who could have thought because of that one promise Sanskar would be living in isolation away from all his fame.

It was only a month ago that he had met Swara at Misha and Kabir's wedding reception. At that moment unknowingly Sanskar followed Swara's... no Ragini's voice to Swara. Sanskar still felt he was guided to Swara because of Ragini and due to Ragini he will forever take care of Swara. However, Mother Candas and Misha didn't allow Swara to go with Sanskar. Both of them blame Sanskar for Ragini's death and Sanskar blamed himself. Instead, Sanskar decided to stay at a cottage near the orphanage, that way he can look after Swara. As promised to be allowed to be near Swara, he still hasn't told Swara about Ragini's death. Sanskar stared at Swara as she played in the snow around her. That's when his Ragini ran up to him in a red sare then twirled away.

"Sanskar," Swara called as she felt a sudden silence around her. Where was her angel? She called out to Sanskar again. But Sanskar was so lost trying to reach his Ragini that he bumped against Swara. Swara was about to fall backward, but before she could fall Sanskar wrapped his arms around Swara and grabbed her. Swara could feel Sanskar's breath just a few inches away from her lips. Sanskar slowly releases Swara.