CHAPTER ONE

Queen Williams stole a quick glance at the rear mirror before stepping out of her Toyota car then gave her long braided hair a flip back over her shoulders as she closed her car. With her usual smile, she walked nonchalantly into the company. She looked so beautiful and captivating on her navy blue skirt and suit jacket. Her employees greeted her as she walked past them and she did not fail to reciprocate.

Everyone liked her kind gestures and how she composed herself.
When she finally got into her office, she dropped her handbag on the table and sat to begin the day's job not after she bowed her head and said a short prayer. There she was a successful and renowned accountant in the country and also working in one of the biggest accounting firm. At thirty, she had possessed everything. A smile curved at the corner of her lips and her face brightened then something caught her attention across the road. It was a little girl playing on the sand. She intended cleaning the sweat on her forehead but unknowingly, she ended up smearing the dirt from her hand to her forehead. Queen giggled then suddenly her face turned pale. That reminded her of her mother's nagging to get married as her sisters were married and had children. Marriage was the last thing she had ever considered.
"I am big enough to make my own decisions". She said loudly without taking notice of her secretary.
"Excuse me ma'am". Mrs. Esther, an average height lady said. She was older than her boss.
"Err..... How long have you being here?"
"Over thirty minutes" Esther replied sardonically. "Are you serious?" She asked with panic.
"Just kidding" Esther answered and continued "Actually ma'am, the client is here to see you".
"Oh, let him in please. She tried to arrange her desk. She looked around to confirm if everything was in good shape. Being satisfied with it, she sat confidently and awaited her visitor.
The figure she saw at the door made her gasp. He was well built and had everything in place. His dark complexion suited him like a typical Nigerian man. At least she had seen men of different category but she could not understand why she developed this feeling all of a sudden. His features hit her like a physical blow. As he came closer, her feet became feeble as she struggled to stand up.
"Good morning Ms. Queen. Sorry I am behind schedule". He greeted and stretched out his hands. His voice was so hoarse and deep.
"That's no problem sir. You may sit" she replied taking his hands. Her hands were certainly not dainty and small but in his grip, they felt very feminine and small. The touch sends electric pulses running through her body. He was the CEO of Noble and Co. and so much younger than she expected. Mid-thirties, she guessed, named Mr. Christian Emmanuel. As she sat after him, she checked her table for the documents but did not find them. A confused look was written all over her face. Where could it be? She thought.
"Oh God!" she exclaimed.
"Are you alright Ms.?" he asked looking intently at her. "Sure". She replied and began to search her bag. Her search was futile.
"I am sorry Mr. Christian. I probably forgot the document at my parent's. I took it there to go and work on it so we will have to reschedule this meeting till tomorrow. By then I should have gotten them".
"Your firm will be at loss here. Do you know how many people out there praying for this opportunity? I think this kind of behavior should not be tolerated in a big firm like this. If you were serious, you could have made arrangements for everything" He said. Queen frowned and sighed. The contract meant a lot to her and a lot of money was involved. She had to think very fast. She finally came up with an idea.
"Let's strike a deal. I will pay you. All I need now is your patience". She said and pouted her lips.
"You want to pay me? Do I look like someone who is in need of money?" He shook his head and continued. I'll be the one to strike the deal with you. Meet me at le meridian hotel by 7pm this evening and don't forget to come with the document this time around and don't be late. He concluded and walked out of the office. She stared in shock till she could no longer see him.
"What!" She still couldn't believe what had just happened. How will she classify that? A business date rather and She had never done that before. And now she was compelled to do it for the sake of the firm. She can't let opportunity slip out of her hands.

Christian smiled as he moved towards his car mesmerizing over what just happened back there in the office. Queen was a beauty and he saw that even without being told. Her curves, the way she spoke, her dressing, and everything. He grinned remembering how she pouted. He couldn't wait till the next day to see her so he had to fix that evening and left before she could object.    

Hello guys so here's the start of the story. I hope you liked it. Be prepared to read chapter two😍😍😍