CHAPTER TWO

“Good afternoon Dad.” Queen greeted and jumped on the sofa.
   “How was work?” Mrs. Williams asked without lifting his head from the newspaper he was reading.
  “Bad” she answered and rested her head on the arm of the sofa. “Things will continue to go bad until you do the right thing”. Her father added coldly.
  “Dad, this isn’t fair. If I am not welcomed here, I can always go back to my house”.
      “It’s left for you to choose”. Her father started acting coldly towards her after her secondary education when she had refused to study medicine and surgery in the university. He wanted her to work in his hospital but it seemed her dream was far beyond that. Each day she kept on thanking God that she resisted her father’s resistance and managed to bring out the best in her. It also turned out that she was the wealthiest among all her five siblings. What would have become of her if she had succumbed to those oppositions and given up on her dreams?
     “What’s going on here?” Mrs. Mfon asked cleaning her hands with the hand towel. She had been preparing dinner in the kitchen.
    “I think you should ask your daughter” Mr. Williams said.
“Miss, why are sitting here so exhausted  and why are you stressing my husband. Don’t you think you should also be in your husband’s house?  Queen stared at her mother for a while and then held her forehead with her two hands. Tears gathered in her eyes.
   “Mum, dad, I am tired of all this. Each time I try to rise, you bring me down with your words.  I know every parent wants the best for their children but I am not a kid anymore and as such, I have the right to live my life as I please. I can’t just condone it any longer”. She broke down in tears and ran up to her room.

Three hours later…..
Christian wandered around the resort with a lot of thoughts in his head. Maybe a brisk walk would ease some of his tension. What was keeping her or was it that the contract was not important to her. He checked his watch and it was 8.00pm. She has changed her mind. She’s never going to come. He thought. As he turned to go he heard someone calling his name from behind. It was her. He hissed and turned to her direction. Anger stirred up in his blood but he was carried away by her spell. Her outfit was gorgeous. Her hair was neatly packed and she walked like an angel who just fell from heaven. He was stunned and thrilled at how this woman could make him not to think straight. Could it be he was tripping for her?
      “You are late for the appointment Ms. Queen. I see you are not serious.” He said rudely.
      “I am really sorry for making you wait this long. I overslept”.
               “You overslept? Listen to yourself. I am out of here”
        “But I apologized”. She took a step nearer and held his hands. He stopped and looked at her in dismay. His gaze dark and turbulent conflicted yet raging with so much desire. He could not help it. A beautiful woman was begging him. Why wouldn’t he forgive? If he also misses the opportunity of hooking up with her, he might not have the chance to do that again.
      “Ok, fine. I forgive you”.
   “Thank you so much. Let’s get started. We are already behind time”. She said and moved ahead of him.
       “You are beautiful” Christian said.
      “Thanks” her gaze swung back to him surprisingly and she blushed.

Queen sat shyly opposite this handsome man. He had decided that they ate dinner. She declined at first but he insisted. It was unlike her. Where was that stubborn and defiant woman? She wasn’t sure if she would be able to contend the numerous stares from him.
    “So Queen, tell me about yourself,” He knew that if there was a question that will make a women talk for hours, that was it.
    “There is not really that much to tell. I have been working with the firm for over 7 years now and I love my job so much. That’s all I can say about myself. She said munching some food in her mouth. Christian was surprised. He paused and let out a crooked laugh. “How can that be the only thing you can say about you? How about your family or your boyfriend? He noticed the expression on her face.
    “I thought we were here to discuss business and not about personal matters. Like I said earlier, I am really focused on my work so I am still….single. And my family, they are fine. I hope that answers your question. Well, thanks for signing this. I have to be on my way now. It’s getting late”.
  “But we are not done yet”
           “If you are not done, I am. Sorry. By the way, thanks for tonight. I will say I enjoyed every bit of it”.
   “No problem but I will like to see you again though. Push business aside. Will you be free this weekend?”
Queen thought of Christian’s offer. At least she should give herself a chance to experience life outside the office. For a change, she should do something for herself.
     “I will let you know if I am not busy”. She said then the next minute she was off.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the story.  Anticipate chapter three soon.