Chapter 2

Cara's POV

Have you ever woken up and known that today was gonna suck?

Well I have, and today is one of those days. I'm debating whether or not I should play hookie. But thats unlikely since its only the second day of school, and my mom might try to castrate (sp?) my non-existent balls.

I sigh, you know what? I can do this, I am just being stupid now GET YOUR ASS UP CARA! Hmmmm.... I should really work on stopping talking to myself in third person.

I roll of my bed and hit the floor with a thump. I get up and go to the bathroom and do my thing, get dressed, and make toast.

"Hey, why are you up so early hun?" My dad asks. He looks like he stayed up all night again. His hair is sticking up in all directiins and his eyes are bloodshot, not to mention the bags under his eyes are freaking huge.

"I woke up before my alarm. I think I'm just gonna walk to school today. So can you tell mom and Vanessa?" I told him while grabbing the butter from the fridge.

"alright I will but be careful okay? Its still pretty dark outside and its suppose to storm all week, grab an umbrella." he says woth a tired voice. Gosh I can feel how tired he is. Its kinda making me feel that way too.

"okay I will, but you need to get some sleep dad. Your making me tired too. I love you, and ill eat on the way to school bye" I told him and hugged him with the arm that doesnt have toast.

"bye honey" he says and walks away.

             Time skip

Crap. I really do NOT wanna see Melissa. Not after yesterday. I cannot believe she did that. Is she even really interested in me? Or am I just a playtoy to her?

I smack myself, literally. I can't stress over this. I just have to go on one date with her and then I won't owe her. Until then I will just avoid her.

Hey don't judge me. I know thats pretty childish but I don't even know how to talk to her after what happened.

I arrive at school and go to the courtyard and find a bench under a roof to sit on. I'm pretty early, theres only a couple students here.

I pull out my phone and earbuds and listen to some killswitch engage. I close my eyes and take a couple deep breathes. I love these moments. Its like I'm in my own world, just me, my music, and mother nature.

I love feeling the autum breeze flow threw my hair and gently hit my face.

I open my eyes and see that alot more people are here. So Latasha and Derek should be here soon.

I look at the gate where the buses drop students off. Finally! I see Latasha and Derek and wave them over. They see me and rush over.

"Hey girlie!" Latasha says while hugging me to death.

"hey, whats up you guys?" I ask.

"MY DICK!" Derek shouts. We get weird looks from people. Latasha giggles and punches his shoulder.

"NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR MINI ME!" She shouts while repeatedly hitting his shoulder. Me on the other hand, I am dying from lack of breath.

I wipe the tears from laughing so hard and give them both a hug.

"thanks you guys, I was kinda down but you guys cheered me up" I said while smiling. They both smile back.

"well I have a feelig your aboug to feel like your on cloud nine in a couple seconds" Derek says while looking behind me.