School, really

I sit in my assigned seat in school starring at the teacher with eyes that tell you  ("I don't want to be here"). I stare at the the clock at the top of the classrooms only door  and watch the ticks as every second felt like minutes, it's like one of those moments when the the hands of the clock strikes at the right time, you would hear all the students going wild and go searching for their stuff at the back of the room.

("I just can't wait untill class is over"). I finish up some homework that was supposed to be turned in a week ago ("Oviously is gonna get me marked down as late"), and hope that there's still a chance that I can turn it in.

To my surprise my teacher accept it as not being late and grades it right away with hands that go as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog. ("What, how come she said that it wasn't late? I'm pretty sure it was due last week") It comes to my senses that I've forgot that it was homework that was supposed to be turned in tomorrow, not last week. ("Well.... at least that releases some pressure from my back,...I think").

The sound of the bell rings and startles me as the ring sounded louder than it should of been ("I don't know, maybe it startled me because I was so focused on my homework and not the clock this time"). Anyways, I take my right elbow off the teachers counter and gather my stuff off the ground from the back of the classroom.

As I gather my stuff I hear my teacher yell out in the distance.

"REMEMBER, I'M COLLECTING YOUR HOMEWORK FROM YESTERDAY, NOW LINE UP AT THE DOOR AND TURN IT IN IN MY HAND, you can't turn it in any later than today, if you need more time, you need to stay after school, okay".

(Ah crap, I forgot, damn it) I scrunch up my face so hard from my anger that my face starts hurting and I  feel a soft hand on my shoulder and hear a feminine voice from behind me.

"remember what I said, you can stay after If you like", she says softy.

I try to calm myself down so my anger wouldn't be so obvious and say

" Okay, I'll stay".

"Good, this is a student that I always wanted, does their work, worries about ther grades, and over all doesn't give the teacher a hard time. I like this from you, keep being a good kid, Cindy. It'll get you places in life. The ones that fool around and don't do their homework, won't".

She slowly lifts her hand off my sholder, gives me a little smirk and walks away to sit on her comfy little chair and  browses around her documents to do whatever the heck is on that computer. I stare at her for a few seconds before I start taking out my homework that was supposed to be turned in today and I go into "focus mode" as I call it to give it more of a fun nickname to it .

It takes me about a half an hour to complete it which felt like I was there for days.

I go to her front desk and turn in my work as quickly as possible so I can get the heck out of there. I look back at her and say something to gather her attention off of the computer.

"thanks for letting me stay after" I say while I give her a slight wave of my right hand.

"Take care Cindy, always do your best".

School has always been one of my top ten most hated places I've went to because I've always thought school was the most boring place to be at but I do force myself to go there because if my parents were still alive, they would be so proud of me if I walked on that stage and was handed my diploma.

("I wish my parents were still here and can congratulate me for my accomplishments because they were my number one fans").
I always try to forget that horrible memory of that mall shooting that killed both my parents, but it seems to be a scar in my memories that will never go away. Sometimes I feel like they're not even dead like the incident never even happen and it sometimes comforts me.

I walk out of the front of the schools doors and start to walk towards "home".