Dear Natalie-July

This experience has became harder and harder. They haven't given up the fight yet, much to our dismay. We are starting to have a bad feeling, like something's about to happen. I received Natalie's letter today, but haven't opened it yet. I wanted to wait until we were safe before I opened it. We were about to go in, and address the Koreans, but it could be a trap.

Dear Natalie,

Tell Callie I said happy birthday, I'm sorry I can't be there, I know it's tomorrow. This has to be cut short. I don't know when I'll be back, but I have to go. I have to do this for us. I'm in a pretty bad situation right now. We are about to go in, but we don't know who is coming out. If anything happens, just know I will always be in your heart, and I will always be watching you and Callie. I love you forever and always.

Love Damien

I never really had a way with words, I thought as I shoved the envelope into the bin and jumped up into the transporter. We were almost there when the shots rang out. Everyone was still strapped in. I knew this wasn't normal. I knew something was about to happen. Climbing up, I began to shoot the chain gun attached to the top. I took down almost three fourths of our attackers when I was taken out.

A bullet had just made it's way through to my neck. A sniper, I presumed. Sliding back down, my team began to asses me. Applying a gauze to my wound, it began to burn like fire.

"You are going to be okay, stay awake,'' our medic, and one of my good friends Private Edgar, spoke in a loud and clear voice. I looked around and saw that somebody else had taken my place and was firing like crazy.

"Ma-make sure, that they," I tried to swallow so I could get the words out. "They know I'm s-sorry and I love th-them. Plea-Please take care of th-them,'' I stuttered. I closed my eyes, ending my own life.

(A/N) Okay, I really hoped you enjoyed this! I love you all, if you stayed to read. I updated like every week, but it was still hard to remember. I had written two, extremely, short stories in two days. Please comment telling me what you thought of my story. Thank you!