C27 •

"I would kill for some ice cream right now." Theo smiled.

"The ice cream shop is on the other side of town." I sighed.

"Oh, I guess cake can satisfy my craving." She beamed, pulling my arm to the bakery.

Philip, Theo, and I walked to the door, the question that I was dying to ask repeating in my mind.

"What do you want?" I smiled at Theo.

"Um, I can get whatever you're getting." She nodded.

"How about sponge cake? It's your favorite." Philip offered, pointing at the pale yellow sponge cake.

"Sure." She cleared her throat.

"So, uh.." I started.

I sat down at the table, synchronised with Theo. Pip followed slightly after.

"Is it true?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Is what true?" She turned the question to me, playing the innocent card.

"You know what I mean, Theo." I furrowed my brows.

"I actually don't." She did the same.

"Are you actually leaving?" I put my hands on hers.

The food arrived, distracting us from the conversation.

"Ugh..." Theo swallowed the sponge cake, shaking her head.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, looking down at the plate of barely touched cake.

"Sorry, the cake tastes odd." She moved the plate towards the middle of the table.

"Not really." I replied.

"It tastes fine to me." Pip added.

"Odd.. I love Sponge Cake." She raised her brows.

"Huh."

"Anyway, are you leaving?" I tilted my head.

"Uhh, possibly." She sighed, looking down in guilt. She quickly pulled her hands back.

"Please don't. Your family will miss you, Theo-" I tried to sympathise with her.

"They won't." She interrupted me.

"I'll miss you." I put my hand under her chin, slowly bringing it up to look at me.

"I'll come back, (Y/N). I promise to God." She smiled, turning her head. I could tell she was crying.

"Please don't go. I know that my reaction to the news was straightforward, and you weren't ready for it, but please."

"I will come back." She furrowed her brows.

"Is there a reason- Of course there's a reason." I sighed.

"No, I just wanted to come with my husband to the islands." She stuttered.

"I know I'm being annoying, interrogating you and everything. But Theo, please tell me. You can trust me with your life." I reached over the table to hold her cold, shaky hands.

"No, you'll hate me." Her sudden change of mood startled me.

She went from discrete, to a lack of self confidence. Her mood swings, her taste buds, her cravings... It was weird.

"Theo, are you pregnant?" I couldn't stop the words from coming out of my mouth.

"What..." I broke her. A tear fell onto the wooden table, trickling down to her legs.

"I'm sorry- I... I don't know what came over me."

"Do you want me to be honest, (Y/N)?" She bit her lip, tears coming down one by one.