TᗯEᒪᐯE

It was a suspenseful walk through the town, peering at every person to try and keep unnoticed.

"It's buzzing with life today," I commented quietly as I saw people purchasing things from extravagant fruits to simple books.

"That's because there's going to be a show later," Law said, looking up at the bell that sat in the center of the city.

Chopper and Usopp turned in curiosity, they were walking ahead of both Law and I. "Show?" All three of us asked in unison.

"Yes. Tonight at exactly eight o'clock when the sun sets, the large bell in the center of the town will ring until midnight. They say its sound is like that of singing birds." Law explained, looking up to the bell tower. "They call it a 'Festival'. Reason being is because of people from all around performance on the streets. Most of them came for the auction but are participating in this, too. They might recognize your face, so try not to be obvious."

"Sounds like fun!" Chopper chirped with a grin, he had changed to his casual form of a regular reindeer to avoid suspicion. Usopp sighed as he slumped his shoulders.

"Too bad we'll be held up in the Sierra all day," Usopp groaned. I nodded in agreement.

"Though I doubt we'll be out of town 'til eight. So we'll be back in time," I said, readjusting my leather jacket. I knew I would regret wearing it, but Nami had forced me to. Saying that it suited me. Along with that, since we were in public, I had been obligated to infuse my wings. And with them being out of order, I felt vulnerable.

Time seemed to fly by as we strolled through the town. Getting to the mountain range felt like it had only taken an hour, but in reality, I knew it had taken much longer. For it was on the other side of the island, curving in an arch around the city like an arena.

Now we were in the thin threaded forest that covered the tilted hills, walking through damp grass and flooded roots.

Time seemed to fly by as the basket I held quickly filled up with medicinal herbs. But the specific plant Chopper was looking for was still yet to be found.

Usopp huffed and wiped the beads of sweat off of his forehead. "Couldn't I have worn something more open? We're climbing a mountain and I'm wearing long sleeves!" He complained in a shout.

I sighed, but I agreed too. My thighs were rubbing together and it was starting to become uncomfortable. "Let's take a break then," I said, and almost instantly Usopp collapsed to the ground while taking his backpack off.

Law sat down as well, leaning against a thick oak wood tree. He was breathing heavily from hiking the Sierra.

No one spoke, for they were catching their breaths. The silent aura allowed me to hear something not far off.

"Running water?" I said in curiosity looking around. I listened again and turned behind me, where it was coming from.

"Hey, I think there's a stream up ahead! We should go get some water," I told everyone. Usopp jumped up in excitement and Chopper groaned as he panted with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

Poor Chopper, his thick fur coat must be soaking him in sweat.

Law stood and shifted Kikoku on his shoulder. He wore a long black t-shirt and jeans, as usual. As for me, not even halfway up the mountain I ditched my leather jacket and shoved it into my bag.

"This way," I said, gesturing for the other to follow me. Listening to the splash of water against rocks, I walked in the right direction.

I pushed through some branches before coming out to an opening, gasping audibly at what I saw.