- O N E -

AMELIA'S POV.

"Amelia! Come down for a second!" My mom yelled from dowstairs.
"Coming, mom!" I yelled back.

I stood from my bed and went downstairs.

"Yeah, mom?" I said.
"Lia, I have a new job!" My mom exclaimed.
"REALLY MOM?! THAT'S SO GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS!" I said as I hugged her.
"I KNOW RIGHT!" She said. "But, Lia. I have to go abroad for that job." She continued.
"It's okay, mom." I said.
"No, Lia. I don't think you understand. I'll stay in Thailand for 4 and a half months." She said.
"Wh-what?" I said.
"I'm sorry. But I really need this job. It makes great money." She said.
"Okay, it's okay mom. Thank you, you know? For keeping us alive since dad passed away." I said.
"Anything for my children." My mom said as she embraced me.
"Don't worry mom, I'll take good care of Karina while you're gone." I said.
"Oh, no. I'm gonna hire a babysitter for the three of you." Mom said.
"What? Mom, I don't need a babysitter, I'm 16. And with the help of Olivia, I'm really sure that I can take care of Karina all by ourselves.." I said.
"It's better to have a babysitter, besides, he has some experience on babysitting." My mom said.
"He? Mom, why a guy?" I asked.
"A guy can protect 3 girls better than even 5 women." She replied. "You'll meet him later tonight, he's gonna come by to know some details of what to do. Because I'll leave the day after tomorrow." She added.
"Already? Why do you have to leave so soon?" I whined.
"I'm gonna be quick, I promise." She reassured.

I went back to my room and lied down. I raised my head up as someone knocked on the door.
"Come in!" I said. Then at the door, I saw Karina.

Karina is only 7 years old, she's the sweetest thing. I also have another sister, her name is Olivia, she's 12 years old, but even though she's 12, she's really smart, she gives me some very genius advices sometimes that actually led me out of sticky situations.

"Hey Karina." I said.
"Frosting, is it true that mom's leaving?" She said.
"Oh, Sprinkles. Don't worry, mom will be back soon. It's only gonna be quick, all right?" I reassured her.

Me and my sisters always had nicknames for each other. I'm being called as Frosting, Karina as Sprinkles and Olivia as Red Vel, it's Red Velvet in short. Why do we have those nicknames? Because without those 3 basic ingredients, we cannot complete a perfect Red Velvet cupcake, which is our favorite. And if we apply this to our life, it meant that we can't be complete without each other.

Then Olivia unexpectedly entered my room.
"Mom's coming back, right?" Olivia said.
"Yes, she will. I promise." I sent her  a reassuring smile.

"Girls! The babysitter is here!" My mom yelled from downstairs.