6

*His POV*

-

Everything is going to change.

-

*Her POV*

-

I feel a shiver slowly inch it's way up my spine even though it's not cold out. Goosebumps emerge on my arms. Every step I take brings me closer and closer to him.

I know he's bad for me, but I just can't stay away. He's intoxicating. Slowly he is drawing me in. But I'm loving every single second of it.

I arrive at the music store right on time. But no one is there. Great I've been blown off again. I turn around and I run right into a person. It's him. I can make it out by his cologne.

"Sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I ran into you."

"Oh."

We just stand there in silence for what feels like hours. Then he goes and tries to pull open the door. Locked shut. I try not to laugh as he is using all of his strength to pull open the door. Then he tries pushing on it.

"Will you stop laughing and help me open this door?"

I never realized I actually was laughing at him. Oh well.

"You realize the sign says closed you idiot."

He looks up at the door at the sign that clearly says closed.

"Oh, I knew that."

"Sure you did."

Then he walks over to me and grabs me on the chin so I'm looking straight into his eyes. My breath hitches deep in my throat. Then he dips his head right next to my ear. "I love watching your reaction to what I do," he whispers in my ear and I feel my knees go weak.

Then he starts walking in the opposite direction. I can't move my feet. I can't even put my words into thoughts. Or thoughts into words. However it goes.

He turns his head over his shoulder. "You coming?"

I start running towards him and then he stops me.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"You'll see."

We continue to walk and make conversation. Ashton has really good music taste. Should I bring up that I know his name? It's just this is going so well and he said he doesn't want people to know it. So I keep my mouth shut.

"Ok we're almost there."

Then he puts his hands over my eyes but tells me to keep walking. We walk for about two more minutes and then his huge hands slowly move away from my face.

Then there is a park. I recognize this place. I used to spend my childhood here all the time. There was this boy that would come here all the time too. He seemed about my age. When we were seven he picked some flowers for me and said he hopes when we get older we'll be together. I wonder what happened to him.

"I found my first love here you know," he slowly turns toward me.

We're sitting on the swings side by side and he has another cigarette in his hand. How many does he go through a day?

"Tell me about her."

"Well I would always come here when my parents would fight since my house was down the street and one time I saw this girl when I was seven here and I thought she was pretty. But I didn't have the courage to tell her. But then I talked to her one day and gave her flowers. But then the next day she didn't come back. I was heartbroken at age seven."

He throws the cigarette on the ground and stomps on it. I know how he feels. You keep your feelings bottled up inside for so long and when you finally tell them they leave. It's a tragic love story.

"I used to come here when I was younger too. There was this boy. I loved him. He would come here all the time and I would always try to get his attention but he would never notice me. But one day he came up to me and talked to me for once. I don't remember all that he said but he said when we were older he wished we would be together. I remember running home with some flowers he picked for me in his hand and I showed my family. But then they took them and threw them away. Little did I know we were moving across town the next day. I wonder what happened to him."

I take a breath and then I see a white fog emerge from my lips. It must've gotten really cold really fast. He noticed because he immediately took off his jacket and wrapped it around me.

"What about you?"

"I think you need it more. Now come on, it's getting dark."

He holds out his hand and I slowly take it. Warmth immediately transfers from him to me. It felt they were two puzzle pieces that fit perfectly together. Now there is a beautiful picture.

We continue to talk and then my house slowly comes into view. No lights are on thankfully. He walks me up to the porch.

"Goodnight Carmen."

He the turns around and starts heading down my driveway.

"I enjoyed the date by the way."

He turns around.

"This wasn't a date."

"I'm pretty sure it was."

"No it wasn't."

"Yes."

"Are we seriously going to argue about this?"

"Fine, but hypothetically speaking this was a date."

"Hypothetically speaking."

"Goodnight Irwin."

His eyes slowly widen. Oh shoot I've blown it. He's going to hate me. I always have to screw things up don't I.

"Gosh dang it Bates you have done your research haven't you."

"Hypothetically speaking, yes."

"Smart girl."

Then he turns around and fades into the blackness of the night. He wasn't angry?

I open the door and head straight to my room and dream of a boy with hazel eyes and curly hair.