Chapter Six and Three Thirds (Back Stories)

-Jason's POV-

14 years old

My mother and I were playing a game of poker when the phone suddenly rang. Laughing my mother had ignored it. It eventually stopped and we continued playing. Then it rang again. She got up and picked up the phone. "Hello?" she asked in a pleasant voice. She listened and I saw her face drop immediately.

"What? He couldn't of..." she trailed off. Tears came to her eyes. "No," she said and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Mom," I said. "Is everything alright?" she shook her head and motioned me over. I walked over and ended up supporting her. She bawls into my ear. 

"Mom, what happened?" I yell and she looks at me through tears. 

"You're father died in a laboratory explosion."

A feeling of shock washed over me. "Dad is... dead?" I asked. She nodded and cried even harder. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. Then another and another. Dad...

---------

I had gone through my days with a hollow feeling. Then my birthday came. I realized something that night. I didn't want to be a vegetable the rest of my life. So I started again.

I got extra credit from school and graduated freshman top of the class. Then, during sophomore, I started an over the phone tutoring service. I had a lot of people who had wanted to study with me but I specifically remembered one kid. Sky. He had a sexy, rough voice and I always felt turned on when I talked to him. One day he asked if he could see me in person. I agreed.

That day, I found an image for the perfect person. And he was even more perfect. I don't even remember what we talked about, only that when he wasn't looking, I memorized his face, so I'd never forget what he looked at. What my first love looked like.

----------

When I got home that night, my mother was in the basement. She was chanting something while walking around a green fire.

"Mom?" I asked, scared. I've never seen this before. She looked at me. 

And we will bring him back. she said in a voice like no other. Gravelly and deep, it sounded like she was possessed.

The fire grew and in the center. An object formed. I saw an amulet. Sky's amulet. "We will get this and bring him back," she said to me. Then the world went black.

My mother and I moved a few months later. She said we had to plan. I didn't want to move away from my first and only love.

----------

The first day back, I saw him as soon as I walked in.  My heart fluttered. His head snapped up when I said my name. I walked towards him. The note. He wrote back.

Some things are too strong to keep away.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey! Sorry, know it's late but... things happen. I'll post again Friday.

Endlessly in Love.