Victims

"Guilt". Such a deep word. The fact of having committed a specified or implied offence or crime. Everyone in Delphic Utopia had done something wrong at least once in their lives but guilt is always attached to them when they do something bad - like strings attached to dead weight on their backs. In Delphic Utopia, we can't commit any offence or crime otherwise we would be punished. The only punishment the Direct knows is beheading. To be honest, the laws of the Direct are ridiculous. Apparently, gardening is an offence unless you have the license for it - to get it, you would have to do every single thing perfectly. No mistakes, no nothing. This procedure goes to every single license there is in the utopia and there at least 100 licenses. They imply that the Direct controls everything the citizens do and they need to get permission to do such basic things like gardening, owning a bank account, have shelter, buying or borrowing books and they even need a license to get an education. This is why the citizens of the Utopia always stick together. They want to have the right to freedom, therefore, no one ever sabotaged the other; meaning there were lots of people who committed a crime in secret. Throughout time, nobody dared to tell the Direct what the people have done - doing things without permission because they have always been in the other person's shoes. But, it comes with guilt. They are guilty of committing a crime. They are guilty of not telling the truth. They are guilty of wanting the right to freedom. 

The walls inside the Paramount were incredibly mesmerizing but too trippy for my own good. It was as if I was in a mirror maze in a fair tourists go to in the summer. The chrome walls were sparkling smooth and shiny; reflecting everything in sight including me. 

This might sound weird but it had been a while since I had known what I looked like; the last time before this was at one member of the Direct's funeral. I had never liked mirror or anything that reflects my appearance.

The chrome wall hypnotised me to look into my own slightly slanted green-blue eyes. My straight hazel hair fell back my shoulder; my fringe pinned back behind my pierced ears. I stared at myself in a stance for a few minutes and was snapped back to reality when I heard sudden footsteps in the distance to my right.

I hid behind the corner near the door to the depot. I looked over the wall and I saw the reflections of the soldiers dresses in their uniform - black formal shirt; sleeves rolled up their elbows. They had thick camo trousers and a padded hooded coat tied around their waists. Their names are embroidered gold onto their shirts. One was Chase and the other was Major. It appeared that they had a belt that held two revolvers and a taser for each soldier.

They were walking towards my direction while chatting about useless security stuff. On their left, there was a glass automatic slide door and it stated 'Outcasts' on it. I figured that I had to somehow sneak in there.

The two soldiers stopped in front of the door and talked for a really long time. I couldn't wait any longer so I had to think of a strategy - a distraction. I pat everywhere quickly - my pockets, body, hair; everywhere and I finally found a hairpin in the depth of my shirt's side pocket. I reached for it and threw it over the opposite of the two soldiers. I used as much force as possible to make sure they heard the thin pin.

They glanced over to my direction in just after the moment the pin hit the floor and made the faintest ping noise. They made me jump but I managed to hide before they see me. They walked past me and out the exit. They must have thought that the faint noise was from the outside.