Midnight Snacks

"Zac?!" I said as I walked towards his office. "What the hell?"

"What?" He raised his eyebrows looking confused.

"Why do we still have that weird tiki thing?! I told you to throw that shit out a long time ago!" I crossed my arms.

"Come on Lea, do we really have to do that?"

"Yes! We do! That shit freaks me out." I said sighing. I moved in with Zac after I graduated high school. I was in my second year of NYU but I was also really into ballet. I guess I was just always into it since I was kid, and I got even more into it as I grew up, but I never really told anyone except my mother and Zac. I thought people would just make fun of me and say I wouldn't be able to make a single dollar with ballet, but Zac didn't think that. He was so happy, he even got an advantage since I was so flexible, we had great sex. Another amazing thing that happened in the span of two years, I was pregnant. Zac and I got a baby boy, and he's two years. We named him Axel, and he is the cutest baby I've ever seen. I might be saying that because I'm his mother, but he really is beautiful. He looks exactly like Zac, except his skin was tanner than his father. We were in love with him.

"Why did you just remember the tiki now? It's been here for months. Are you just trying to argue for no reason?" Zac crossed his arms after he took off his tie. Zac left the school and decided to join his dad, but he was really suffering the first year. He didn't know what he was doing, and he even was close to quit, but I begged him to keep going. Zac had so much love for teaching, but we both knew if he didn't continue his fathers business, we wouldn't be able to provide for the family.

"Look I know you're stressed with work and shit, but I just need someone to talk to right now." I walked further into his office, looking at my toes.

"I knew you needed something the second you mentioned the tiki." He smiled at me then tapped his lap. "Come here." I swear I acted like a little baby sometimes. He knew how sensitive I was. I went to him and kissed his lips. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck as I looked at his eyes.

"I want to drop out of NYU." I started to tear up.

"Why?" He said softly. I loved when he talked like that. He would make his voice very soft and almost as if he was whispering, but he wasn't. It's the same soft voice he uses it on Axel. It was better than any headache pill.

"I don't know." I started to cry. "I just don't feel happy there, I feel like more of me when I'm doing ballet, when I'm in my tutu." I giggled as I cried.

"Then leave NYU." He simply said.

"That's it? No advice or anything? You're not gonna tell me to stay and maybe I might enjoy college or anything? You're not gonna say it's too early and that I'm just rushing things-"

"No." He chuckled softly as he looked down. "Lea, if you're not happy with what you're doing right now, you're never gonna be happy later on. If you're passion is ballet, then go for it. You know I'm always with you one hundred percent. I will never not support you."

"Are you serious?" I cried even more.

"Why are you crying? Is it something I said?" He chuckled as he placed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"No, you're just the best thing that ever happened to me." I placed my forehead against his. "Thank you for everything Zachary."

"You don't have to thank me, it's my job." He kissed my lips.

"Mommy?" I heard Axel's voice. I turned around to see little Zac standing in the doorway in his pajamas and his little stuffed bunny in his hand. "I'm hungry."

"He's just like you." I giggled as I got off Zac's lap.

"How?!" Zac said from afar as I walked out his office and into the kitchen.

"You always wake up in the middle of the night to eat food!" I loudly said. As I prepared Axel's little midnight snack, Zac came to the kitchen, looking hungry too.

"Yeah wow, he is just like me." He chuckled as he opened the fridge.

"Told you." I smiled.