Part 1.1

Rosie P.O.V
When I walked into the room I didn't know it would turn out the way it did. I didn't know this would be the day to change my whole life.

I waltzed through the scarlet red door of the Walker family's house, expecting only one minor complication: Emmett- my recent ex. As expected, I saw him standing silently with a faintly familiar stranger in the background as I entered the hollow but friendly house.

And then I saw a face I recognized and adored, Ian. He was my long time crush that ended when I decided to surrender him to my sister, Skylar.

"Glad to see you brought my favorite," I whispered in his ear, directing my gaze to the boy in the back. "You really know how to pickem' buddy." I remarked sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, Rosie, he's my friend- plus my mom made me invite him." He claimed apologetically. I gave him a "mhmm" with my eyes and invited myself upstairs to where I knew I would find someone whose company I would enjoy.

"Hey, boyfriend!!!" I exclaimed running to Claire. The short curly haired blonde was laying in her twin sized bed reading a book thicker than my hips after Christmas. She sat silently, brows furrowed. "Hello... Hi... CLAIRE."

At this she looked up, a happily surprised look on her face and with a graceful step that looked more like a dance, she was in my arms.

"I can't believe it's finally summer!!!" She blurted.

"Sophomore year is finally over. Thank the Lord," I said looking up dramatically for affect. She let me go and gave me that million dollar smile that I'd always envied.

"What do you want to do first?" She beamed. We had planned to make an organized bucket list for the summer but it got jumbled because of what had happened earlier in the year.

"I want to forget. That is all." I pursed my lips in anticipation, waiting for the inevitable reassurance that always came after a complaint from me.

But to my surprise, she simply dragged me back in to a warm embrace. After a moment of hesitation, I closed my eyes and accepted the gift and wrapped my arms around her petite waist. I had to realize that even though some people didn't appreciate me, it didn't mean everyone felt that way. Claire suddenly pulled away and gripped my shoulders.

"He's a complete asshole and piece of shit and is not worth another second of my best friend's time." She stared into my soul with her wide brown eyes, I knew that couldn't be all she had to say about him- my thoughts were interrupted, "because if he wastes anymore of your time or lays one eye on you, then I will take a pair of freshly sharpened scissors, and cut hi-"

I cut her off, mid sentence. "Oookay. Yeah, I know. Now can we please just go someplace else and I can get high? Please?" I knew I had promised Claire that I wouldn't be smoking or engaging in any risky activities this summer but now all I could think was 'fuck it'.

"Fine." There were no questions anymore, more like observations of her broken best friend. And with that we were down the stairs, getting our flip flops on.

"Hey C," I tapped my best friend on the arm. "I can't remember who the guy to the right's name is," I said pointing to the tall dark skinned boy standing next to Emmet and engaging in conversation with some wannabe hoes from our school.

"Drake, remember? The first thing he ever said to you was that you had juicy thighs." She remarked, as if I should have reserved a place in my precious memory for someone as irrelevant as this boy.

"Oh, yeah," I nodded, "I think I remember him from a party, freshman year." I didn't. It was difficult to remember anything before January.

"Well, we better get going." She said dragging me out the door. But then I stopped. I clung to the frame of the red door harder than I should've, studying the boy, then his eyes made their way from across the room to mine. Immediately I was mesmerized. I didn't see from the other angle, but his eyes were just somehow...different. There was nothing drastically special like red or topaz Iris's, but they were light and striking. Dangerous. His beauty struck me then, sending shocks through my body. It was strange how my perception on him had changed within the few seconds I had been leaning through the door. His eyes were still connected to mine, he looked like he was trying to tell me something. I wanted to know him.