may

May 5, 2022

May 5, 2022

    Dear Simon,

    Today was the third round of chemotherapy and testing on your lungs. The tumors have come back and you’re coughing blood again whenever you cough. I’m worried that your lung cancer has progressed to a different type than what you had. You’re starting to bald from the chemotherapy drugs and you absolutely hate it. The live finals for BGT are starting soon and you’re completely worried that you’ll have lost all of your hair by then. It does look a little odd to see you balding when you have, I should say had now though, such a full head of hair at your age. Now everytime I run my hand through your hair, hair always comes off of your head. I don’t like it at all, Simon. I was thinking, that when you lose all of your hair, I could shave off mine to support you.

    You still look handsome with a half bald head though. Incredibly handsome as the day I first met you. It’s startling to see how much our lives have changed since we first started working with each other in 2012 but I love how much it’s changed. If it wasn’t for the car crash that put me in the wheelchair that I sometimes use, we wouldn’t have started dating because you would have never discovered that you’re bisexual or that you have romantic feelings for me. I’m really hoping that you’re determined just as much as I am to see you survive lung cancer.

I love you, Simon,

love,

David