Chapter 2: Destiny Calling

Scene changes to down town, busy day with people moving in and out of each store front.

Screen Moves to the general store.

Six months later ,Togo's owner, Leonhard Seppala, thought Togo wasn't suited for being a sled dog so he gave him away to the general store. 

Togo was placed in a box in the corner, near the fireplace. 

Just as Togo was adjusting to his new surroundings (two weeks), a trapper came in with a "dead" beaver. Togo noticed the limp beaver, and watches him with interest. The trapper tosses the beaver in the corner where Togo was.

Creature talks, Togo hears a strange whisper and turns to the assumed dead beaver:

Ivan: "Hey, you? don't tell them I'm alive."

Togo (looking at beaver, then yelps a little in surprise): "Ah! (sniffing) What are you doing?"

Ivan: "Isn't it obvious? I'm playing dead! It's the best way to get out of here"

Togo: "I'm Togo, what's your name?"

Ivan: "My name is Ivan. I got trapped just right outside my home. They plan to skin me in a few hours."

Togo: "What does that mean?"

Ivan (in a sarcastic and dramatic voice): "I will be naked!"

Scene moves to front door, bells jingle when door opens. Boy and his mother come in. Togo and Ivan lift heads when bells ring, curious ears up.

Storekeeper (at front desk): "May I help you?"

While the mother is reading her shopping list, the boy interrupts-

Little boy: "I want that one!" (points at Togo)

Mother of boy (without even looking up): "Of course, what ever my angel wants."

The shopkeeper walks over to Togo's box. 

When shopkeeper leans over to pick him up, Togo jumped out and ran all over the general store, knocking over boxes and other stuff, creating a huge mess.

Togo: "I can't go with him, I already have a human! I got to get back to Seppala"

Togo saw the front store window. The puppy ran and broke through the glass. He was free. 

Watching Togo with one eye open, Ivan springs to life and scampers out after him, seeing his chance to escape from being skinned alive.

Ivan: "Wait for me!"

Scene shows Ivan following Togo several miles back to his original master's kennel. 

When Seppala got back from racing, he found Togo and Ivan coming in. 

Seppala (surprised): "Togo? What are you doing here? You must have gotten out."

After that, Seppala was impressed with Togo and decide to keep him.