Perspectives.

WAKA WAKA EY EY EY 

Recap: Taylor kisses Cass, Cass confesses her love to Alex, Alex doesn't say anything back, and later Taylor confesses his  love to Cass. 

p.s. DONT HATE ME CAUSE ITS A SHORT CHAP

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You told this guy Alex, your boyfriend, you loved him, but he didn't say it back, and then Taylor says that he loves you?" Jacob clarifies, cocking his head. 

"Yes," I slump down into my seat. 

We had found a little cafe and Jacob had made me tell him all of my woes. He was actually a pretty cool dude and we were now friends, I guess! 

"So what are you going to do?" He asks casually, taking a bite of his muffin. 

I glare at him. "Do you think I know?" 

Jacob shrugs. "I don't know. You just seem to be thinking about it a lot, so...." 

"Just because a hungry person thinks about food all the time, doesn't mean they're gonna get a burger," I roll my eyes.

"Now I want a burger," Jacob pouts. "But you want to know what I think you should do?" 

"Please, enlighten me," I say sarcastically. (Gif on the right or above) 

"I think that you shouldn't give a darn. Just screw them all! You are your own independent woman and you don't need a man. Amen?" Jacob throws his hands in the air.

"Amen!" I shout back and I high-five him. "I am a woman. And I don't have to do anything about Alex and Taylor!" I grin, but as I think about this in my head, I know it won't come true. 

Alex and I live in the same goddamn town and Taylor is my friend! 

"I can't do that," I moan, falling down onto the table. 

"Wimp," Jacob mumbles. I look up at him and give him a deathglare. "Just saying," he puts his hands in the air in defense. 

"Are you always so invested in other people's lives?" I narrow my eyes suspiciously at him. 

He shrugs. "I have nothing to do today. Figured hearing about your crap would be entertaining, and I was right!" 

I stick my tougne out at him, causing him to laugh. We pay for our food and begin walking again. 

"Maybe Taylor just has his feelings confused. Maybe Alex does too! Maybe they're both gay for each other!" Jacob rambles, thinking of various situations. 

"One, Taylor kissed me. Two, Alex had multiple opportunities to tell me he loves me. And three... that might actually be true!" I giggle, rolling my eyes. "No, but seriously, we could go all day saying 'What if blah, blah, blah,' but in in the end it all boils down to two things." 

Jacob raises his eyebrows at me, gesturing for me to continue. 

"One, I just go up to Alex and tell him that it's officially over between us and I tell Taylor I don't like him in that way. Two, I just ignore Alex and tell Taylor I like him." 

"But even if you like Taylor a teensy, weensy bit, you still love Alex, right?" Jacob points out and I scowl. 

"Yeah. And I hate myself for it." 

"One day, Alex will just be a blur that you see in the rearview mirror on the road that is your life. But until then, time heals all wounds." 

"But this isn't a wound, Jacob. I'm broken," I say quietly and I can feel my face crumble. I wear my happiness like a mask and talking about my feelings robs the cover. Jacob gives me a hug and all I can think about is how Alex used to hug me. Or when Taylor hugged me when we went camping and Alex lashed out.