Chapter 13

#17

I screamed and Niall and I both fell into the river. I swam to the top quickly and glared at Kayleigh, Jenny, Liam and Louis as they all burst out laughing. "That wasn't funny." I mumbled chuckling at myself and Niall got up quickly. Niall helped me out and I noticed Zayn frowning at us in the background. I frowned as well, immediately feeling bad about earlier. "Hey guys, I'll be right back!" I said and they weren't paying attention, too busy chatting amongst themselves. Zayn turned and started walking the other way and I jogged up to him trying to keep up. "Zayn!" I said grabbing his arm when we were out of the others sight. Zayn turned and sighed, glaring at me slightly. "You were kissing, Niall." He stated sadly. I nodded. "Yes. Zayn, in all honesty, you're a great guy! But you're a great friend to me. Would you please stay my friend? I don't wanna lose you." I said pleadingly. He smiled lively. "Okay!" I laughed hugging him and he hugged me back. Zayn was a great great great guy! But he's a guy that I'm not in love with. I'm sure there's a girl out there for him. He'll have to just let fate find her. "Friends?" He asked. "Friends." I confirmed. We walked back and I smiled shyly to Niall. He gave me the 'you okay?' look and I nodded mouthing 'we'll talk later!'