Chapter Three - Time Flies

His arm was tucked under your head. He cradled you gently as the two of you laid face to face. His fingers grazed your temple before dancing through your hair, only stopping once he had a hand full of it. He didn't pull or push, he simply allowed his hand to rest against your head. You snuggled your face into the curve between his neck and shoulder, allowing your lips to brush against his pale skin. His smell intoxicated you. You needed him, wrapping your arm around his neck you coached him into rolling on top of you. Your body longed for his touch. You advocated any reason that allowed it. His weight on top of you was a drug. Nevermind what came after the anticipation, this was your high. He nuzzled his face against your cheek. You turned wanting to find his lips but he wouldn't comply, poignantly lifting his head just enough to keep you deprived. You longed to embrace him in the one way he never allowed: a kiss. The tip of his nose tickled across your face, over your cheek, down your jawline. He nudged your head urging you to till it back, exposing your throat. His lips were warm and soft as he meticulously kissed your neck. Lingering with each one. You moaned passionately. You could feel his smile against your skin

The Joker sat back in his chair and watched the screen. His elbows perched on the armrest and his fingers pressed together while he studied you. He watch as you gently floundered in your sleep. 

He had been at this for nearly 8 months. As far as you aware, the cameras had only been on you for 4 weeks now. The truth was, he had been watching you from the beginning. Of course, he had done the same to others; you weren't the first and probably wouldn't be the last. There had been nothing special about you, until... Breaking you had turned out to be harder and enjoyable for him than expected. The whole thing had started to become an obsession. Finding someone who could see through the games he played, withstand the abuse and not lose their mind was a rare unearthing and he intend on keeping his new playmate around as long as needed. And if you could be broke, well the possibilities were endless, he thought.

His attention peeked. You were awake now, sitting up in the bed. The Joker watched. You pulled at the collar of your shirt before placing your hand against your throat. You rubbed your throat slightly and closed your eyes.

"And what's got you so riled up?" He mumbled under his breath.

Lowing his brow, he zoomed in with the camera. Your hair was unruly and damp with sweat. He could see your chest moving up and down as a result of your heavy breathing. It appeared you had had a nightmare.

Of course, he still had a few tricks up his sleeve but he needed you vulnerable in order for them to make the biggest impact. He needed your psyche to be on the edge. Physical abuse didn't seem to bother you. He had seen first hand that your were a fighter and pain didn't seem to make or break you. In fact, after all this time, when the opportunity presented itself you would still try and fight for your freedom. He smiled as he through about the fight you still had in you.

"Commendable, little bird." He said to himself still watching the screen.

He continued to think to himself: She's clever too. Playing games with Rocko and the other goons to manipulate them into feeling sorry for her, hoping to gain the upper hand.  She's patient too, waiting for the right moment.

He looked at the open folder on his desk. Page after page of information on you could be seen. They had been looked through so many times that the edges were starting to wrinkle and curl.