Chapter 8

Louis's POV

You're in love, and you don't even know it.

Zayn's words echoed through my head. In love? With Sam? No, it couldn't be. I didn't even know her that long. Those things don't happen that fast. Do they?

Samantha's POV

My room looked like it had gotten bombed. My clothes were spread over the entire floor and bed. I had dumped my underwear in a chair and my shoes were piled up on my desk. Nothing out of the ordinary, really.
I had already taken a shower and was trying to find an outfit and waiting for my hair to dry. I didn't really care to much about the way I looked so I went for comfortable. Snatching a white t shirt, a pair of jeans and a scarf. I added a few accessories but not that much. I couldn't be bothered.
After I'd applied a little makeup and brushed my hair I went outside to walk to Louis's apartment. Even though it was still December it wasn't cold, I could walk around without a jacket, so that's exactly what I did.
Louis had given me his address, he didn't live more than 20 minutes from my place so I decided I could walk. It might give me a chance to think.
As I walked I looked around. People were walking by, two little kids were running around, playing and laughing. It made me smile, they looked so happy and innocent. Me and Connor used to be like that, best friends. We did everything together, until we fell in love. Or, until I fell in love. He never loved me like that. I had known it all along, but I hadn't cared. I felt lucky enough to be able to call him my boyfriend. It hurt to think about it.
I continued walking, clearing my head, trying to get over Connor. I knew it was going to take some time, I knew it was going to hurt. I wanted to get over him though, I didn't want him to own my heart anymore.
I had been walking for quite a while when I first noticed someone walking besides me.
'Zayn Malik?' I asked, I recognized his face from one of the pictures Louis had shown me.
'Samantha Blackburn.' He nodded, acknowledging my presence. I was a little taken aback.
'How do you know my name?' I asked him. He rolled his eyes.
'Please,' he grunted, 'Louis won't shut up about you.'
I chuckled, crazy Louis. Just the mentioning of his name put a smile on my face.
'How long have you been here?' I asked him.
'About five minutes.' He answered me calmly. I nodded, not needing to know more.
'Sorry I didn't notice you earlier.' I told him, 'I was lost in thought.'
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.'
'So true.' I replied, 'did you come up with that?'
He smiled and shook his head. 'No, Paul Fix. What were you thinking about?'
'O, just, stuff.' I answered vaguely. I didn't know if I should go into detail, I had only known him for about 5 minutes.
'Just stuff. Okay, care to tell me what kind of stuff?' He sounded interested but not too, so I started talking. A bit reluctantly at first, but I loosened up after a while. Zayn was a good listener.
'I don't know how much Louis has told about me, but I had this boyfriend.'
'Had?'
'Well, yeah, we broke up about 2 hours ago.'
'Ouch, I'm sorry.' He sounded truly sorry, it made me smile.
'O, don't be. I'm fine, I'm just trying to get over him, that's all.' I smiled at him, but he wasn't convinced.
'Sure,' he muttered. 'That's why you're walking around on the streets of London on your own.'
I grimaced at the sarcasm in his voice, but answered him.
'I am not alone, you're here.'
He shot me a quick glance and smiled.
'Well yeah, I guess I am.'
I smiled back, and then looked around, hoping to see something familiar. I sighed and turned to Zayn.
'Do you happen to know where Louis lives? I'm afraid I'm getting lost.'
Zayn chuckled and pointed at a tall building in front of us.
'Louis lives over there. Come on, let's get inside, before you get lost again.' He added with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and motioned for Zayn to lead the way.

Zayn's POV

I smiled at the girl as we walked the staircase towards Louis' apartment.
She was really pretty and had a sense of humour, I could see why Louis was that enthusiastic. Not that he wasn't enthusiastic about just about everything. He was just like a little kid sometimes.
I turned to face Sam as we reached the door.
'Be prepared.' I told her. 'Louis isn't exactly the neatest of the group.'
She smiled and shook her head, she then reached up and rang the doorbell.
Knowing Louis, it could take ages for him to open the door, so I took the spare key from under his 'get lost' doormat and let us in. To my great surprise the living room wasn't messy at all. The couch was actually visible and empty and you were able to see the carpet. I hadn't noticed it was beige, always thought it was grey, or permanently covered with food, clothes and dust. It looked nice. As I was about to walk to the door to make sure this was the right apartment, Louis walked in carrying a vacuum cleaner. Why did he even own one?
'Hi Louis.' Sam said sadly and as I turned to look at her I saw she had tears in her eyes. Louis sighed, put down the vacuum cleaner and walked over to her. He stood in front of her for a few seconds, looking at her tenderly, before opening his arms and pulling her into a hug. Samantha blinked back some tears and hugged him back.
I smiled to myself and walked out of the room. It felt like something private I shouldn't be interrupting. I closed Louis's front door and walked to the other side of the hallway, opening the door to my apartment.
'Just friends my arse.' I mumbled to no one in particular. 'Friends don't hug like that.'
'What was that Zayn?' I heard Niall's voice from my kitchen. It didn't surprise me. He was always hanging out at my place, telling me I had the nicest view. Well, that and the best stocked fridge.
'Nothing. Just Samantha and Louis.'
'You met Samantha?' he asked me.
'Yeah,'
'What's she like?'
'Very much in love with Louis.' I grinned. Niall nodded, he'd expected that. Who hadn't?