Chowder? Da fuck

Chapter 3: 

(Alex)

A few weeks have passed ever since the Taylor-Lisa incident. Jamie’s held a grudge on Lisa, and she started getting protective of Taylor after what happened. I mean sure, Lisa never went in the house anymore, at least not when Jamie’s around, but whenever I say Lisa’s name, I’d feel Jamie tense. It’s a bit frustrating sometimes, I mean why can’t they just get along? Lisa’s my girlfriend, but Jamie’s my best friend too. I can’t let one of them go.

I took a shower right after waking up one morning. It was 7.30, and today, I’m free. The guys planned on going bowling, and I decided- well, they insisted- to bring Taylor along today. After getting into a random shirt, jeans and converses, I went downstairs, expecting Jamie shuffling around in the kitchen for breakfast (She always wakes up first), but instead, I find the whole bottom floor empty. I looked around, and it was quiet. I went back upstairs and opened the door to Jamie’s room. Surprisingly, she was still in bed, her sheets covering her entire body. I looked at her skeptically and approached her, sitting beside her in her bed.

“Jamie?” I gently said, pulling the sheets away from her head. She was still asleep.

“Jamie?” I repeated. “It’s 7.30, wake up, James”

“mmm” she moaned lazily.

“Wake up, you lazy pig,” I smirked. I went to pull the sheets even more, but as my hand brushed on her forehead, it almost stung because it was hot. I reached out my hand, touching her forehead. I took a good look at her and that was when I noticed how she was sweating.

“Aww, Jamie,” I said, concern covering my face. She sniffed a bit went back to covering her face. I sighed. This day wasn’t going to turn out as planned. I got up and went to the other room, almost forgetting about Taylor. She already started saying random words like ‘daddy’, ’mommy’, ‘jack’, and other names. As I approached her, her eyes were fluttering open. I smiled and picked her up.

“Hey, pretty girl” I gently said.

“Daddy,” she smiled.

“Yeah, it’s daddy. Mommy’s sick, Taylor,” I pouted playfully.

“Sick?” her eyes filled with confusion. 

“Yeah, she’s sick, so we have to take good care of mommy today,” I smiled reassuringly. Cradled her and went back to Jamie’s room, putting Taylor down, beside her, but not too close, I didn’t want to take care of two sick girls today. I went to Jamie’s bathroom and soaked up her face towel with cold water. I placed the cool towel on her forehead. I ran downstairs to get a milk bottle for taylor from the fridge and went back in the same manner. Apparently, Jamie’s immune system is not much to brag about. After feeding Taylor and letting her play with a soft, rubber ball, I fished out my phone from my jeans and dialed Rian’s number.

“Dude, what’s taking you so long?” Rian asked, answering right after two rings. 

“Ri, I can’t come along today, Jamie’s sick, and I can’t leave her and Taylor alone,” I sighed.

“She’s sick?! What, is she okay, is it-“ I heard Flyzik’s voice in the background. It must be on loudspeaker.

“Yeah, just a fever, she won’t die,” I smirked. “Anyway, I have to go, so I’ll talk to you guys later,”

“My head hurts big time,” Jamie groaned when I went inside her room and turned on the TV. I sat beside them on the bed, so that Taylor was in the middle.

“You were perfectly fine yesterday, what happened?” I asked curiously.

“Well, Alex, I was actually chasing elephants in the rain yesterday,” She muttered. I grinned. Even in the worst cases, Jamie still manages to remain sarcastic.

“Chasing elephants? Wow, I didn’t know it was your mating season,” I smirked, until I felt a soft blow on the side of my head. Taylor giggled, and I could see Jamie grinning as I picked up one of Jamie’s little pillows.

“What, mating season made you aggressive? Oh wait, no! it made you sick! Literally!” I chuckled slightly, but this time, what hit me was one of Taylor’s three rubber balls.

“Okay, okay!” I smirked and went out, making my way downstairs. I was hungry, so I made breakfast. Some waffles for me, and soup for the girls. I also made coffee. It suddenly dawned to me that Taylor was growing up pretty quickly, and that in a few weeks, it will be her birthday. The next thing you know, she might be old enough to go to school, then graduate then date then move out-

Wow, what a weird thought. I shrugged it off and went back to work.

“And because you were playing in the rain yesterday, you get breakfast in bed,” I called out as I made my way into Jamie’s room, carrying a breakfast tray with all of our food. Jamie took the towel from her head, putting it on the table beside her as she sat up. Using the remote, she flipped through the channels until she found a good movie. I settled the tray on her lap and took the little bowl of soup for Taylor.

“What is it?” Jamie raised an eyebrow at her bowl. 

“Veggie chowder,” I said as I fed Taylor, spoon by spoon. I noticed Jamie shrugging and digging in until she noticed my plate.

“What are those?!” She glared at me, pointing at my breakfast.

“Waffles…duh,” I smirked.

“Why do you get waffles and we get chowder?!” 

“Because I felt like eating waffles, and Taylor can barely finish one piece of it- oh, and you’re sick. Sick people always get soup,” I smiled innocently.

She scowled at me, returning her attention to the chowder while I finished feeding Taylor.

“You have to admit, though,” I said, grabbing my waffles. “The chowder’s pretty good,”

“Whatever,” she grumbled. I smirked.

~~

(Jamie)

So I practically spent the rest of my morning in bed, with Alex and Taylor either playing or watching TV. 

"Here, let me feel your head" Alex said

"Whyyy?" I groaned hiding under my blanket

"Because. I don't need you dead" He laughed 

"Ugh fine.." I groaned letting him put his hand on my forehead

"So?" I asked

"Not as bad" He smiled

"Waffles?" I smiled

"Waffles"He laughed walking out of the room with Taylor.