Marie Williams-McGarrett

Name
Marie Williams-McGarrett

Full Name
Marie Doris Clara Williams-McGarrett

Full Name Meaning
Marie: French cognate of Mary, which is derived from the Hebrew Miryām, a name of debated meaning. Many believe it to mean "sea of bitterness" or "sea of sorrow." However, some sources cite the alternative definitions of "rebellion," "wished-for child," and "mistress or lady of the sea." The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of Jesus, the son of God.

Doris: Derived from the Greek Dōris (Dorian woman). The Dorians were one of the four main tribes of Ancient Greece who settled in the mountainous area also known as Doris. The name is borne in Greek mythology by a goddess of the sea.

Clara: Feminine form of the Late Latin name Clarus, which meant "clear, bright, famous." The name Clarus was borne by a few early saints. The feminine form was popularized by the 13th-century Saint Clare of Assisi (called Chiara in Italian), a friend and follower of Saint Francis, who left her wealthy family to found the order of nuns known as the Poor Clares. As an English name it has been in use since the Middle Ages, originally in the form Clare, though the Latinate spelling Clara became more popular in the 19th century.

Williams: The Welsh name Williams is a patronymic surname derived from the personal name William, which is in turn derived from the Old Germanic names Willihelm and Willelm (the Norman French version Guillaume). Following the Norman Conquest of 1066, William became the most popular personal name in Britain for a time.

McGarrett: Although the McGarrett surname came to Britain with the Normans, it derived from the Germanic personal names Gerard, or Gerald, composed of the elements "gar," or "ger," meaning "spear," "hard," meaning "brave," or "strong," and "wald," meaning "rule." The Anglo-Norman surname McGarrett in Ireland was often Mac Geralit, and was used as a synonym of Fitzgerald.

Full Name Reasoning
Marie: Wo Fat — Marie's biological father — had given his daughter a beautiful name that was very uncommon in Hawaii. He knew that ultimately one day, Marie would be a beautiful yet dangerous woman.

Doris: When Steve and Danny adopted Marie, they were told that she only had a legal first name. So, after officially adopting Marie, they took her to the courthouse to legally expand her name. In honor of his mother Doris, Steve suggested that Doris would be Marie's middle name.

Clara: Danny also wanted to contribute a middle name for Marie, and instantly picked Clara, after his own mother. It didn't take much convincing from the judge or Steve to allow Marie to receive a second middle name.

Williams-McGarrett: Since Danny and Steve were married when they adopted Marie, they decided on Williams-McGarrett. Danny had taken Steve's last name, and Steve wanted to get his last name changed to match Danny's.

Nicknames
May May
M&M

~ HAWAII FIVE-0 ~

Age
S2: 13-14
S3: 14-15
S4: 15-16
S5: 16-17
S6: 17-18
S7: 18-19
S8: 19-20
S9: 20-21
S10: 21-22

Appearances
S2: Kil'ilua - Ua Hala
S3-10

Gender
Female

Preferred Pronouns
She/Her

Sexuality
Straight