Chapter 6

"Surprise!" Haley, Leo, Donnie, and Mikey screamed as Raph walked in with Sia.  The were surrounding the small crib everyone had put together.  It was complete with a mattress, cute purple sheets, and a mobile with stuffed turtles spinning in a circle.  

"What is this?" Raph asked with shock in his eyes.  

Mikey stepped up.  "It's obviously a crib, Raph!  But, it's not for you, so don't get too excited," 

Raph glanced at him.  "I know that, but why is it here?  How did you guys afford it?" 

Leo put his hand on Haley's shoulder.  "Actually, Haley paid for it," He said happily. 

"I figured you could sleep better if you had your own bed back.  This crib will be perfect for Selena, and is small enough to fit in your room without having to do too much rearranging," Haley said happily.  "Now, you won't have to keep sleeping in the hammock." 

Raph glanced at the crib and then at Sia again.  "I... I don't know what to say..." 

Donnie chuckled.  "Then don't say anything.  Just put her in the crib!  We didn't put it together just to be pretty decoration." 

Raph just chuckled back and then walked over to the crib and gently set her down on the mattress.  Her little legs were kicking as she looked around at all the people around her.  Her little tongue went in and out of her mouth as she let out a slight smile.  

Raph then looked up at Haley as he rested his arms on the edge of crib.  "I'll pay you back when I can." 

Haley shook her head.  "No, it's okay.  I wanted to do this for you and for Selena.  Like I told everyone a few days ago, you guys are my family now, and families help each other out." 

Raph nodded before yawning slightly.  Leo then walked over to him.  "Why don't you go take a nap, Raph, and catch up on some sleep.  We can watch Sia while you do." 

"You don't mind?" Raph asked as she straightened up. Everyone shook their head.  "Thanks guys." 

**********

Haley sat at her desk, typing away on her computer to finish a paper for her schooling.  She had underestimated all the history behind the speakeasy culture of the 1920s.  She wanted to get it done before going to sleep.  However, when she looked at her phone and saw it was almost two in the morning, she was ready to give up until the morning.  

However, when she closed her laptop, she heard a baby cry.  She knew it was Sia.  Despite having a new crib, she was still young and would wake up a few times at night.  She yawned as she stood up, and walked out of her room.  When she turned out of her room, she saw Raph was already walking down the hall with Sia in his arms, shining the way with the flashlight on his phone.  

Haley quietly followed, crossing her arms for warmth as goosebumps covered her skin.  She saw the kitchen light was on, and slowly walked towards the room.  When she turned into the kitchen, Sia was still crying, and Raph was struggling to make a bottle, one-handed.  Haley knocked on the doorframe, startling Raph a little.  "Haley!  Sorry, did I wake you?" 

Haley shook her head as she pushed herself off of the frame and into the room.  "No, I was already awake, working on school.  Need help?"  

Raph nodded.  "Actually yes.  Can you hold her so I can make her bottle really quick?"  Haley nodded and extended her hands.  "Thanks," Haley then stepped back and watched Raph get the bottle ready.  In just a few days, he had become a pro at making bottles.  Haley found it kind of amusing that a sixteen-year-old, buff, already-tattooed guy making bottles and bouncing a tiny newborn that was smaller than his forearm in his arms.  

When Raph finished the bottle, he looked at his brother's girlfriend.  "Do you want to feed her?" 

Haley shrugged.  "Sure, I don't mind," She then took the bottle and when Selena latched on, she immediately stopped crying.  "Wow, all that because you were hungry?  That's Mikey level hanger." 

Raph chuckled.  "I agree.  She's got a hell of an appetite." 

Haley nodded in agreement as she looked at Raph.  Without his mask, she could see the bags under eyes.  "You seem tired." 

"I am," Raph said in a low voice.  "But, she needs to eat, and she's my responsibility, so I'll do what I have to." 

"You know," Haley said quietly  "We've all been very impressed with how you've been with Sia.  I know your brothers don't show affection a whole lot, I just wanted to let you know that it does not go unnoticed." 

Raph smiled.  "Thank you, Haley.  That means a lot," He paused.  "I know Sia was not part of anyone's plan in this family.  She definitely was not part of my plan." 

"Well, it also was not my plan for my family to be gone, be on my own at the age of fourteen, and move in with four mutant turtles brothers and their rat-dad before dating one of the formerly mentioned mutant turtle brothers," Haley said with a matter of fact tone.  "But, I've had to believe these things happen for a reason.  After everything in my life that's happened, I couldn't go on if I didn't.  Think about it, if I wasn't living here, I don't know what my situation would be, but I don't think it would be better.  Also, I probably wouldn't be dating Leo, and he has made me so happy.  He's treated me like no one else ever has, and I can't imagine myself being happier." 

"I'm glad," Raph said with a soft smile.  "You deserve to be happy." 

Haley smiled back as she watched Raph yawn.  "Go ahead and go back to bed," She said.  "I'll put her back in her crib when she's done, and you need all the sleep you can get." 

Raph nodded.  "I'll take you up on that offer.  Thank you, Haley." 

"No problem," Haley said happily.  "Plus, I like to spend time with my new niece." 

Raph yawned again as he stood up.  "If she is taking forever to go back down, just wake me back up, and I'll get her back to sleep."  

Haley nodded, knowing she would not wake Raph up.  She knew he needed sleep, and it would be many years before he would be able to sleep peacefully again.  So, if she had to stay up all night this time, she would do it happily.