Chapter 006

"Noona!"
A familiar voice echoed through the livingroom, happiness was evident.
"How come you are home so early?"
"Hello you," So-Mi replied, suddenly tired of everything that was happening around her, but she tried to hold it together and not to worry her brother, pulling on a smile that wasn't actually there.
"You look tired. Did something happen?"
And there it was... he always saw through her as if she was transparent.
"I am fine, Soo. Don't worry about me," So-Mi nodded, "how are your studies going?"
"They are fine," Kyungsoo replied, "I am more worried about yourself. Is it the headache season again?"
"Yeah, seems like it."
"Go take a rest. I will bring you some water and the medicine."
"Soo...," she spoke weakly, "you don't have to do that, you know."
"Stop arguing. Go lay down."
He smiled to her, although the eyes showed that he was extremely worried of her as usual, when she was feeling sickly.

Not daring to argue, So-Mi headed upstairs and entered her room, placing her purse on the armed chair across her bed and went to get rid of the dress and jacket. Every movement was making her head pulse more and more and she felt sicker by the minute. Second oldest of Song Enterprise had changed into a long t-shirt, covering her round butt and thighs. It didn't belong to her originally, the scent of her man still present. It was the only comfort she had at those heavy times, but at the same time So-Mi was happy that he had invited her for the night out. How she had managed her life for the time being was beyond her. Perhaps it was the hidden strength, shared by both her and her sister. If anything, this had kept her going throughout all these past five years. It was going to end soon, right?

Snuggling herself between her cold blankets, it was the moment she heard the knock on the door.
"Come in!"
Even her voice sounded weak. It wasn't an act that moment, she was genuenly tired.
"Ah! I am glad you didn't oppose me this time, Noona!"
He was still bright, yet ever so gentle. How come an angel like Kyungsoo was part of this cruel world... So-Mi didn't know. Yet he was there, in her shadow and always supporting her, whatever it was. Silently and gently. She appreciated it more than she would ever be able to show. Perhaps one day...

The young male placed glass with water beside bed and handed So-Mi her medication. Two pink pills.
"Did you meet up with her?"
"Kyungsoo," she moaned, after having swallowed the medicine, "do you really have to talk about it now?"
"I am sorry, Noona. I need to know. She doesn't have SNS, and she refuses to take my calls."
"Kid,"she sighed and placed her hand on his, "Hye-Bin will come and see you soon. Don't worry about her. She is though nut to crack, and she will survive no matter what."
Kyungsoo looked down on his lap as he was sitting on the edge of So-Mi's bed.
"I understand that you miss her. I miss her too, but she wants us to be strong so she can be proud of us both. Okay?"
"Yeah," he spoke, after being silent for one long moment.
So-Mi pat his hand gently and said, sleepily: "Now go, little one. Your noona needs to rest. I will see you later at the dinner, okay!?"

Kyungsoo squeezed his step-sibling hand and smiled weakly, leaning over So-Mi and giving her brotherly kiss on the cheek. Leaving the room, he stood in the hallway, forehead resting against the closed door.

Fifteen years ago, these two siblings had come into his life by storm, taking over his heart quickly. It was instant connection with bright, yet introverted Hye-Bin, while it had been harder to earn the love and respect from So-Mi.

When Hye-Bin had left the mansion and disappeared from their lives, he gradually had sneaked into So-Mi' heart and managed to finally get closer to his other sister. Although they weren't siblings by blood, he still regarded them both as if his own. Of course, the Young Master had understood of how his mother didn't like Hye-Bin and treated So-Mi as a true princess, Kyungsoo was left into darkness by the fact that So-Mi was actually his half-sister, sharing at least some of his blood, while the eldest had no blood relations to him.

So-Mi, who had taken just half of one of the pills, was drifting into restless slumber, filled with mixture of nightmares and images of happy childhood.

--------------------------------------------------------

Minji, who had arrived back home, was greeted with the sight of Jongdae, pacing back and forth in their wide living room. Dropping the bag on the couch, she coughed, drawing attention to herself while pulling her hood off, revealing messy pink hair in a loose bun.
"What's up?"
"Thank god! You are back! Where is C?"
Minji shrugged: "She went to meet up with the old man. Why?"

Jongdae' nervousness was starting to affect the short hacker, slowly. He was always so calm and composed, but this kind of act was driving her nuts. Fast.
"Tell me, what the hell is going on already!?"
Still pacing, she had enough of waiting for the answer, thus the female went over to her friend and stopped him by grabbing both of his arms and looked into his face, trying to catch his eyes.
"Spill it, you fool."

He didn't want to let her know, knowing of how close Minji and Minseok were. How had they managed to kidnap him? How had the key member of Caedis get caught or...

"Jongdae. Tell me. What is it?"

The moment he looked into Minji' eyes, hacker's heart sank. "No... it is not true...," she whispered in the back of her mind, hoping it was all just a nightmare and she was going to wake up from it any moment.

"They took him. They took Minseok."
"NO!"