Last Night

A man was running through the streets like his life depended on it. The blazing heat of the sun in Las Vegas was no joke, the city itself is in middle of a desert.

But did this guy care?

Nope.

Why?

Because he is a dumb guy. Who runs after something that you say bye to?

Kongpob's brain might berate him for being dumb and sprinting back to the same hotel in the middle of the afternoon. It didn't matter, not when he needed to get back.

He runs into the hotel, heading straight to the receptionist. He opens his mouth to speak to her, but his lungs are too busy trying to breathe.

Stupid. Who runs in a city that's in middle of the desert while it's the hottest time of the day?

Dumbass.

Yeah, Kongpob's thoughts aren't going easy on him.

The receptionist looks at him in concern before she recognizes him as the guy from last night.

"Oh...you're the love crazy guy from last night."

Kongpob has no air to even say anything to that. But he does have the energy to at least nod to the receptionist.

The lady smiles gently, "Are you alright, sir? Did you forget anything?"

Kongpob nods again. He is finally able to breathe properly. The receptionist waits patiently for him to speak up as she motions one of the waiters to bring water.

"Would you like water, sir?"

Kongpob sighs gratefully and accepts it with soft thank you. The cool glass of water does wonders for his parched throat.

He finally speaks up, "Uhm...has the room I booked last night been cleaned already? Did you find uhmm...fresh pineapple?"

Both the waiter and receptionist blink at the weird question.

"Let me check, sir. One moment please."

The receptionist checks on her computer and notices there has been items found in the room.

"Yes, sir. The room has been cleaned already. They found the wedding dress, pineapple...and your marriage certificate?"

Kongpob smiles softly, "Great. Can I please have the marriage certificate. The wedding dress can be donated...and uhm...I also don't know why there was a pineapple."

"Well, it was insisted that you two bring the pineapple. But we can take it...I guess?"

"Thank you...you kept something important to me."

The receptionist looks up from lost and found paperwork pile of the day, and smiles saying, "It's no problem, Sir. I'd be worried too if I lose this important paper too."

"Yeah..." Kongpob replies and gently accepting the paper. He smiles softly looking at it. Even if they might not really be married...he wants to keep this anyways.

Fate is a weird thing too. It brought him a night of so much fun and love, that he married the man. Now there is empty space because they chose to walk away.

Will fate come and bring them together again?

"Is there anything else I can do for you, sir?"

"No...that's all"

Wait... wait a minute. Eff fate!

He totally goes this. He knows just exactly what to do.

Kongpob looked at the receptionist with a determined face, "Did the person with me...uhh wife? Did he give any ID or contact number?"