A Deal + Cigarettes

As I enter into my home I turn my tv on for background noise. Then I remember that I forgot to call my friend back. I pick up my phone to call him. I let him know that I made it back. He tells me that he's happy he finally got a call back before he headed over to check on me. I let him know that he shouldn't waste time worrying about me. He interjected saying that he does because of what I do when I'm alone. He thinks that I need to kick the habit. I told him I'll stop just as soon as someone else cares and just not him. He hangs up right after I say that and just then I hear something in my backyard. I go to check and it's her again. I ask what's she doing back here, and she darts off. I see her aiming for the fence. I cut her off before she can make it there. Frantically she tries a different direction and I block her again. Finally she gives up and sits down. Then she asks me not to call the cops.

After she picks everything up I take her inside

After she picks everything up I take her inside. I look at what she took and see 2 of my watches and my old smartphone. I ask what's in her back pockets and she tells me right before she takes it out that it's my stash and that I'm not getting it back. My eyes are fixed on her. I tell her those are just stamps. She gives me a look and reiterates, you're not getting them back; I'm not stupid. I thought who was she to tell me I can't get my stuff back. She then tells me when I found her out there her ex kicked her out because she had relapsed. She also said that she understands and that I don't need to ruin my life like she ruined hers. I tell her to put my things on the table and leave. She says she's staying and that I need to get some cigarettes for her and so she can shower. Then I actually say what's on my mind. About her coming in my place and dictating everything. But she says she heard my conversation with my friend. She says she cares. I'm taken aback and think about what I said. When someone else cares. I know I should patch things up with literally the only person who is still tolerating me. I decide to stay true to my word and try. As I walk out the door I tell her I'll be back and she starts to strip to take a shower.

 As I walk out the door I tell her I'll be back and she starts to strip to take a shower

I get to the store and I call my friend to my surprise he answers. The first thing I do is say sorry. He tells me it's ok it his way of making sure I didn't do anything. Apparently I'm cranky when I don't. He always has a way of setting the mood. I tell him what happened last night and this morning. He tells me I need to get home and stop being stupid. She already was too close to stealing my things. I look at the situation from his angle and I see where he's coming from. Oddly enough I still buy the cigarettes. Again my body just doing what it wants to do. I tell him I'll call him later, I get to my car, and speed my way home.