Continuous Pain .

"Just relax", he whispered hovering me. This man, I knew nothing of him. I just knew what it was he was about to do. "Please, don't do this. Just please get off me." I begged, but he wouldn't budge. This episode was nothing new to me. Moms, she was hooked on drugs long ways. Unfortunately for me, she was a broke addict. So whenever she needed drugs, I turned into her personal ATM. For the remainder of the night this man had his way with me and once again there was nothing I could do. After he was done, I was left there. Tender, trembling. Sore and numb at the same time. I couldn't do this anymore. I needed to go somewhere, anywhere.

    Disgusted, I got up and walked to my bathroom. I sat on my toilet and ran a bath for my aching body. As the earlier events replayed in my head, I began to cry. It's a shame. As many times as I've been through this, I should be used to it, huh ? I just never understood how my own mother could let a stranger take advantage of me like this over and over and over again. Five years. That's passed long enough. I'm 18 now. I need to find my way out.

    The next morning I woke up with a banging headache. Shit was extremely painful. I was dizzy and disoriented but I tried to shake it off. I went downstairs to find my mother. She was slumped over the coffee table like she'd been thrown there. Her hair was matted and the make-up was smeared into her once youthfully  beautiful face. I tried to lift her up hoping she would wake up when she felt my touching her. She looked as if they ran through her. Bruises and shit on her. I couldn't help but cry man. This wasn't my moms. Even though, I wanted to help this stranger.

    I held her face in my hands and kneeled in front of her.

    "Ma."

    "Ma?"

She have me no response. Her body felt as if it were going cold. There was no movement. I pressed my face against her chest and it all hit me when I heard nothing but what sounded like an empty, voided box. I laid her body down gently and ran to get my phone.

    Fifteen minutes later the ambulance came banging on my door. I let them in and they took my moms. She flopped around on the stretcher as she was removed from the house. I followed the men and got into the back of the ambulance where they tried to revive her.

    "Clear!"

Her body bounced involuntarily.

Her line beeped and she regained life. They put an  oxygen mask over her face and continued to speed toward the hospital. I took her hand.

"We got this Mommy", I said sobbing into her. The truck stopped and the doors swung open. I was pulled out of the ambulance and they rushed my mother into the hospital. Trying to keep up, a nurse stopped me.

   "Move!", I yelled.

    "I can't let you-".

    " Fuck allat! Move!"

This nurse was little, but she was strong.

I saw my mama's stretcher disappear into the hall.

I stopped trying to fight the nurse and flopped down into a chair in the waiting area.

After about an hour of waiting, I began to grow impatient. I went to the main desk to see of anything new came up.

" You know what room Katrina Davis is in? " " Uhh- ", she paused typing. " Room 142B, but you can't see get now."

" And why not?", I said. It's been too long. I need to know something and I need to know now.

" She's being admitted for surgery. But when she's in recovery you'll be able to see her."

Surgery? For what? Must be worse than what I thought.