Rebel

Rebel

It's not easy to do what I do, constantly going against everyone's close minded beliefs.

Everyone thinks it's easy. They think it's so easy to say no, and walk your own path. But in reality, it is probably the hardest thing in the world to do.

They don't know the dangers that come with it; getting beat up everyday, getting spat at, cursed at. It's a life that would probably cause others to give up on living. But not me. You see, I live to be a pain in the ass.

I never was one for following rules. They weren't my thing. And besides, half the rules these pathetic ingrates come up with are pure stupidity. Why would anyone even want to listen to what someone else tells them to do. Might as well be a dog, next thing you know, these lawmakers will be saying, it's illegal to go outside without a leash. Ha! The horror.

My parents think I'll grow out of it, and they keep waiting. Too bad for them, they've been waiting for seventeen years already. It's not like I make it my personal agenda to break all the rules, I just think some of them are stupid and choose not to abide by them.

I'm tired of trying to fit in, I'm tired of trying to change so that others will like me. I tried it once before; it wasn't much fun. I felt like I was constantly being watched, and if I even breathed wrong, I would be done for.

That's why I'm choosing to be the way I am. Screw all those homophobes, racists, and prejudiced bastards. I don't need to be any of those things to have a great life. Of course, try telling that to all those ingrates. It all just went right through their ears, they were kind enough to take their time to beat me up. They definitely didn't do a half-assed job at it. I've got the shiner to prove it.

I came home limping; bloody and bruised, but my mom didn't care. "If only you weren't so rebellious," she said. That made me furious. What was so rebellious about not wanting to be a close minded bigot. I yelled at her. Cursed her, even. Then she kicked me out. But I didn't care. I wasn't sorry at all.

So even though it hurt, and my body felt like it was melting, I left. I stumbled to the park where no one was around. I made myself comfortable on the stone cold, hard grey benches. I just looked at the sky, watching it turn a beautiful purplish- red. I found it fascinating. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever saw.

Then someone sat next to me, and I looked in surprise at Judas; a kid from my school. I could have sworn no one wanted to associate with me. He must have seen the surprise on my face, because he laughed. "Don't worry," he said. "I'm not here to bother you." But I still stayed tense. I had learned the hard way never to trust anybody.

But Judas stayed for a couple hours, and true to his words, he didn't bother me. And that made me look at him differently. . . He wasn't bathed in as much stupidity as the others. After that, he invited me to his place, but I declined. I wasn't that crazy. He left it at that, and didn't push.

It became a ritual. Judas and I met in the park every day after school, and we just stared at the sky. Then after a while, we started talking, having conversations, laughing, joking around, and soon we were close enough to be considered friends. But, that was the beginning of a horror to come.

Judas started acting weird more and more often. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and asked him what was up, and he admitted to being scared since he had just been hired for his first ever job. I told him not to sweat it. He would do great. He smiled and said it would be better if I was there with him. The request sounded strange to me, but I agreed anyways.

Agreeing to go with Judas was the worst mistake I could possibly make. The so called job, he was talking about was a drug deal. A drug deal! Shit! How did I even get myself involved in this? This was not a good situation for me to be in.

I stared at Judas blankly and he looked back at me, a slow smile spreading across his face. A smile that I used to think was lovely; now I could only see the sickening smile of a person right before they murdered somebody. It disgusted me.

"Umm, I'm just gonna head home now, so goodni-"

"Take another step and your head gets blown off."

I froze, and didn't move. Surrounding me were about ten men, all armed. I looked back at Judas helplessly, but he only smiled. "Join us," He said.

Join them? Doing what? Trafficking drugs? No thank you, sir.

I shook my head slowly. "I'd rather not."

Judas stopped smiling immediately. "Why not? You're just like us, we break laws together, we're all rebels here, we'll be stronger if we stick together."

I laughed, "You must have had crack for breakfast, because you're spewing a load of bullshit. You don't know what rebelling is. Rebelling- rebelling is what the slaves did when they decided to stand up for their rights. rebelling is standing up against unfairity and cruel treatment. You guys aren't rebels, you're criminals."

Judas looked livid, he looked like he was ready for murder, which wasn't a good thing considering he was armed.

He took a deep breath. I'll give you one more chance to join us." He enunciated each word slowly, like I was mentally retarded. But I was never one for doing what others wanted me to do. And besides, I lived to be a pain in the ass.

That was how I ended up in the hospital with twelve broken bones, and a bullet to the shoulder.

it's definitely not easy to rebel against people with power. That's probably why everyone who tries to rebel ends up dead. But not me, not until I drive these bastards to the point of insanity. besides, if I died, lots of people would be happy, and my official job is to be a pain in the ass, not feed people cookies and tea.

So here's to all the rebels, who stand up against arrogant minded bigots.