Adieu To The Fuckers

I had this idea the other night and just HAD to type it out. I hope you like it?
I almost didn't give it a happy ending, but I like you guys, and I don't want you to suffer too much.

--

They were all quiet as they pulled up to the amusement park. Abandoned as it was, it was unsettling. The normally bright and cheery exterior and signs were all dull and rain-stained, paint peeling off and leaving piles on the ground below it. Even from inside the car, they could hear the wailing and moaning of the rides being blown by the wind, the creaking of the mildew-infested wood. They all glanced around, a grim silence washed over them, and the nerves gnawed at their hearts.

"Well, this is creepy as fuck," Ryan muttered, reaching up to put his long black hair into a ponytail. His eyes, one blue one almost yellow, seemed to shine in the dank darkness, and he let out an uncomfortable chuckle. He let his hands drop when he was finished, resisting the urge to run a hand down his face; it would mess up the facepaint so meticulously added, stroke by stroke, onto his face. He placed his mask on his face and rolled his shoulders while everyone side eyed him.
Geoff let out a melodramatic shudder, squealing, "Well, if the bringer of death and darkness says its scary, it means we're all going to die." This caused the others to let out small laughs between themselves and roll their eyes. The laughs died down soon enough, but their improved moods stayed, and it steeled their hearts. With a renewed bravery flooding their veins, they all gripped their weapons and piled out of the armored car, stepping out onto the rain-soaked ground. Their shoes squelched in the mud, leaving footprints trailing behind them like a ghost.

Once they were all out in the rain, Geoff brought them in close, handing out communicators. "You remember your teams?" he asked, and everyone nodded while putting the comms into their ears. He repeated the plan anyway, just to be sure, "Team Nice Dynamite, you two are together. The Battle Buddies are the second group, and team OG is the third. We are to find the subject and subdue him, but not kill him-yet. Everyone else, take out. Is that clear?" Muttered agreements met his ears, both through the comm and in the real world, and he nodded, clapping a hand on both Michael's and Ryan's shoulders.

"Alright, boys," he turned to Jack and smiled, "and lady, lets get going." With that, they parted ways. Michael and Gavin went left, Jeremy and Ryan right, and Jack and Geoff straight. The plan was simple. They had tracked the crew that had been encroaching on their territory to the amusement park, and were going to eradicate them.They had been causing all kinds of trouble; messing with smuggling routes, destroying safe houses, and killing their information brokers. Worst of all, and what caused the swift retaliation, was that they had attacked the B-team, almost killing Alfredo and seriously injuring Lindsay. They were both stable and on the mend, but it was a turning point for the turf-war.

"Damn, I hate this rain," Michael called over the roaring of the wind and the rain lashing their faces. They kept their heads ducked and moved from building to building. He had to admit, however, the rain was a blessing in disguise. It helped muffle any noises they would make, and made it so they could talk at a relatively normal level without being heard. Gavin sent him a smile, then pointed just past Michael's shoulder. The Jersey man turned and saw two guards, making their way towards them. Michael could just make out shouting over the wind, and he ducked behind the building. "When they pass, take them out. You get left, I get right?"

Gavin nodded again, sending Michael a thumbs up. "Right, Michael," he smiled, shuffling backwards until his back hit the wall. Michael was slightly impressed with how well the British man blended in with the shadows when he wasn't decked out in his "Golden Boy" outfits. Michael stepped back to, and their arms were pressed together as they waited, barely breathing. The squelching of the two guards shoes moved closer, and the sweeping light of the flashlights scanned the area. The two men passed, not noticing either of the lads, and they stepped out of their cover and aimed, firing at the same time right as thunder rumbled overhead.