(1)- Hot guy buffet

(Please note that this is the sample only. You can get the full YOURS TRILOGY on the Dreame app.)

Chapter 1

RIYA

I'm in the spacious living area dealing with an assignment when my phone rings. I smile to myself as I reach for it. My circle is very small so I can already guess who is calling.

I lift both eyebrows when I see the caller ID. It's neither Mia nor Hazel. It's my Mom.

That's strange.

She only calls me when...she actually never calls me. Ever.

I answer the call with a yawn and I press the phone to my ear.

"What." I drawl in a bored tone, my eyes scanning the notes on my laptop. I'm doing my assignment the very last minute as always so I'm a little bit panicky.

"How have you been? It's been a minute." The impatience in her voice is hard to miss.

"Mom, just tell me why you're calling. We don't have to do the greeting thing."

"Thank God. I need a favour."

This is going to be good.

"I'm all ears."

"Do you remember your cousin savannah?"

Savannah?

"No, I don't."

"Are you serious? She stayed at our home for a week over Christmas with her Mom!"

Oh..

"Is her Mom the woman who used to eat all the marshmallows right after we left the store?"

"The very one. Listen, Savannah has been admitted to your college."

"And?"

"She needs a place to stay."

"Then get her a place to stay?"

"That's the problem. She couldn't secure a place in the hostels and we're having a hard time getting an apartment."

I shake my head in confusion.
"So how does that concern me?"

"She's moving in with you until I sort out everything."

"You're joking, right?"

"You're picking her at the airport first thing in the morning."

"No, I'm not."

"You are, and that's final."

"Mom, I've never had to shared my space. I'm not about to share my apartment with some-"

She rudely cuts me off.
"Can you stop being a brat for about five seconds? Everything is not about you, Riya. Just pull your head out of your ass already!"

"Mom, if you think I'm going to live with that girl..."

"You're going to live with that girl, or I'm slashing your monthly allowance by half. If you want to be stubborn about the apartment, then get a job and pay for it by your damn self."

I start to gasp but the line is already dead. She already hung up.

I stare at my phone for a whole thirty seconds before I place it on the study table.

Did I mention that I hate my mother?

Okay, I just did. On her side, the feeling is entirely mutual.

You wonder why?

You'll find out in a minute.

I dial Mia's number without hesitation. She's my go-to person whenever I want to vent. She doesn't always say the right thing, but she always knows what I need to solve my problems.