CHAPTER FOUR: THE SYSTEM

I've always found it hard sleeping in a different bed every few months. But it is defiantly harder going backing to my bed whenever I'm put back in the system, that place just makes me feel like I'm not wanted, or that no one loved me.

This place is cold and dark, the lights flicker in the hallways everyone has their own room, they are like jail cells, and I mean this whole place is like a jail. Sometimes there might only be 10 of us in the system, other time there could be up to 50 or 60 of us. Sometimes I'm the only girl and there are like 7 other guys but I keep to myself when that happens because the girls aren't allowed to fraternize with the boys. All I know is I've defiantly been here the longest, I mean when we get a new person comes into the system I am always the one to show them around because I know they system back to front.

There are many different foster care facilities located all around the world, the place where I am located is literally called foster-find (it sounds like a nice little foster care place for foster children to go before they get put into a home but trust me it's not, it's terrible) it's a weird name but the people who own foster-find aren't very creative, it is located in Brisbane.

Even though Foster-find is located in Brisbane it doesn't mean we get to go out and explore Brisbane or go to the beach, it just means that we miss out on every normal thing normal teenager would be doing, for example, shopping, hanging out on the beach with their boyfriend (we aren't allowed to have boyfriends when we are in the system) or even going to a normal school for more than a few months, yeah I go to school but only when I am in a foster home with a foster family and even then I would be lucky to go to school for more than a months because it usually only takes one month for my foster family to decide that they don't want me and take me back to Foster-find.

The system doesn't have very many rules but they have maybe one or two that you must follow (you'll learn about them later on in the book). If we disobeyed those rules we lost our privilege to join in the card game every one in the system plays on Friday night (that was the worse punishment they could come up with, pretty lame punishment if you ask me, I don't even like cards).

That pretty much all there is to know about the system.