18

Another boring school day came to an end. Hardly had Kataleya exited the building, when Erik forcefully grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her into the nearest wall.

He was sure that girl had something to do with the locker incident! From the quarrel they'd had in front of the pub the day before, he knew the two would be in constant conflict. And the hit in the ear she'd given him was the official declaration of war.

"Who was it?!", he barked.

This shithead really doesn't give up, does he? Kataleya asked herself. How did he want her to prove she had no idea what was the prank about?

Oh well, it was probably because of that sentence, 'only gay guys hit girls'. As far as she remembered, there were no witnesses from their school, or?

Taking into account the fact that the counterpart was also too busy to check if there were any accuaintances, it turnec out she could have been the only one to pull the prank. But surprisingly enough, she wasn't.

Wait a second! Moloch knew about the fight! He saw her bruised nose! That was irrelevant though. He didn't even have the courage to stand up for himself, let alone to avenge somebody else.

"You deaf? Who the hell was it?!"

"I don't know!", Kataleya responded as loud as the boy, "Why won't you believe me already?"

His grip on her shoulders tightened and he pushed her harder into the wall. She flinched a bit.

"Was there anybody else from the school who saw us yesterday?"

"Do you really think I was paying attention to the crowd?"

Just as things were beginning to heat up, Moloch happened to be exiting the school and saw them. It wasn't really complicated to decipher why they were fighting again.

Since he had taken part in the act of vandalism and especially since the dreadhead had stood up for him before, he had to return the favour and defend her then. With no strategy in mind, he dashed towards the battlefield. Fortunately, none of them got hurt yet.

"Whoa, what's going on?", Moloch mixed in.

"Nothing, just chit-chatting. Does it look like we're doing something else?", Erik clapped back.

Your humor never ceases to amaze me, the albino mentally praised, naturally, in a sarcastic manner.

"Yeah, ok, I get that. But chit-chatting doesn't involve violence. Where's your common sense, damn it!"

Erik had nearly forgotten about the second nuisance who had randomly barged into his life and began to mess things up. All of his recent problems had been caused by one of those two buffons and whenever he was about to sort things out with one of them, the other would magically pop up.

"Doesn't it?", he sneered as he let the girl down and turned towards his other enemy.

Kataleya put her face in her palms and sighed. Why did Moloch have a passion for getting himself, and later on her, into trouble?

"Nope.", the albino sternly answered.

"And who are you to decide that?", Erik continued talking on the same angry tone, grabbing the smaller boy by his shirt's collar.

What? His question made no sense. Moloch was puzzled.

"The fuck, man?"

"Why don't you two learn to mind your own goddamned business?!", Erik started to shake the other one and his voice rose slighlty with every word.