° Epilogue °

Hiro's POV

  We've all started from scratch .

  Lost , broken , with no money and food enough to keep is for months , we've stood with our heads high and worked hard everyday . We haven't slept for days sometimes nor eaten but it was okay as long as we were together . We've looked for jobs all the time , doing chores for the old , assisting markets . Nakume and Illumi were physically strong and so they were reliable helpers . I searched for jobs for them , looked through newspapers and watched over them as their guard . I warned them when there was ever the slightest presence of one of the Zoldycks looking for them and every time we've managed to hide . We were slowly getting there .

  A year later , someone adopted us even with Illumi and Nakume at the age of sixteen . He took us in , I chose to tell him our story , he changed our names and we traveled to his home country with him . He was sad and lonely after an accident that sent his wife and three children to the heavens . He was our father , he treated us with all love and care and we've done our best to pay him back .

We've attended schools! Actual schools! It was so cool , we made friends and we had a uniform , our classmates found it so weird how three of us always looked giggly and excited with school .

  We've gone to funfairs! We attended parties , we had sleepovers , we played games and laughed alot . I'd catch Nakume or Illumi crying sometimes , sobbing and having nightmares but they were both for each other at all times . Our father and I helped them too . I once saw our father crying himself out of anger of what happened to those two and he said it then , "they're deprived of so many things . Let's help them together , yeah ?"
I felt like a responsible grown-up that day and both of us smiled . A caring father and a caring brother . I remember I thought of the quote I've always found weird before I met him , "Like father , like son ."

  He accepted Nakume and Illumi's love as well . Although he was supposed to be our father , he still felt jealous for his daughter when it came to Illumi taking her on dates and stuff - hitting him on the head when he tried to kiss her for example!- . He'd squint his eyes at him and glare threatening he'd deprive him of sweets if he hurt her but he'd still watch over both them and smile proudly to how Illumi is always gentle with her and how she was always affectionate and tender . He told me once they were perfect for each other ,  he shipped them together hehe!

  Today , putting back the bad times we lived , we smile! All four of us! As Nakume is making breakfast , as Illumi is squeezing oranges for Juice -annoying Nakume in the process abd tickling her -  , as our father spending over three hours taking a shower in there and me banging on the door yelling that I'm in an emergency , we think that maybe , just maybe , we should be grateful for what life has brought on to us that made it the reason we met .

Never be afraid to take a step forward . You can do anything and everything . And you'll always find ones to help you . Be brave and be ready for what awaits you!

End .

...

Aaaahh I'm being so emotional I'm gonna miss this book so muuuch I love the ending :") MORAL OF THE STORY GUYS I hope we all follow it! ❤❤❤ thank you all for checking this short story out and giving it love thank youuu! 😭💖💖