Hale Plight

A little over a year ago...

Laura Hale was happy to be back in Beacon Hills, back home. Around eight years and while the town had gone through some structural and rural changes, it still smelled and felt the same to her senses. She moved to unload her things at the local motel. She went through her bag and pulled out the image of the deer with the sign of vendetta carved into it. As she pulled it out, she saw the drawing of the S.S. Mischief. She smiled at it before she stuck in her pocketbook and then moved to head out.

She drove the rental car she got up to a certain house. She had checked and found the address online as she found that around six years later Beacon Hills still had Noah Stilinski as its Sheriff. She saw a blue colored jeep parked out front and saw that there was a teenager spraying it clean. She had a flash of memory of the boy who handed her the drawing at the station and could see him in this teenager. It was Stiles. He had grown tall, had very short hair and was gangly looking, dressed in simple jeans and a T-shirt underneath an open flannel button shirt. It was close to noon and she remembered that it was Winter Break so school was out which explained why he was home now instead of school on a Friday. She felt out and saw that he was home alone which meant his father, the Sheriff, must be out working. Stiles was humming to himself as he cleaned what was clearly his car.

"Roscoe," she heard him say as he was spraying the headlights with a hose. "You'll be spic and span and shining like new in no time. Everyone at school is going to love you," he said optimistically. "And if they don't, it's only because their jealous."

Laura raised her eyes at that one as she gave the jeep a good hard look. The Jeep was clearly old and didn't seem like much at all, most likely a hand me down. Not the kind of car that most teenagers would be happy with but he clearly cared and appreciated it like it was priceless. And, while some do go and give their cars a name, Roscoe? Really? Still, Laura couldn't help the smile starting to sneak up on her. She was happy see the boy she pegged all those years ago. She wondered about the other.

She drove away so she didn't see him stop and look at the spot that she had vacated for a moment before he shrugged and went back to cleaning his Jeep

The very next place she went to was her home. All this time and the wreck still made the pain of losing her family hit her as fresh as the night it happened. Her once beautiful home just a burnt out husk of what it used to be and represent.

"Darla, James," she mumbled thinking of her cousin and her husband. Then their three children. "Tyler, Angela, Dylan," she sighed as their three young innocent faces popped up. Tyler and Dylan were human boys that should be in high school right now and Moira, Laura would never get the chance to go off and teach her the tricks of the trade like she had promised the little girl. Her precious cousins. "Ray, Janice," she then muttered as thoughts turned to her fellow beta and his wife who never got the chance to start a family of their own. "Stephanie." Her fellow beta whose articles she always read in the paper. "Craig. Billy," she uttered as she remembered her last fellow beta Craig and his little human brother. The names of all those who were lost that night. Then her mind fell on the last two. "Cora," as she shed a tear as she remembered her little sister's smiling face looking up at her with those dark but bright eyes every time they saw each other. And finally, the last person whose lost hit her the most. "Mom," she gasped. "I'm sorry that I've been away for so long. I couldn't stay, not after what had happened. I hope you can understand but I couldn't be what I was supposed to be. I wasn't ready. But...I'm ready now. I'll be the Alpha that you believed I could be. That Beacon Hills needs to be. I'm home."