Prologue

Javier

"With a frustrated sigh, I pressed my fingers to my temples and pushed my chair away from the desk. I'd been working too damn hard lately. What I needed was a drink or two.

No. That wasn't it. Wouldn't take this edge off.

I needed a woman.

Or two.

Smirking at the image that conjured up, I punched the intercom button on my office phone.

"Mr. Kingsley?" my executive assistant Alyssa asked.

"I need a date." Date was the wrong word, but I couldn't exactly tell her I needed to fuck out my frustration on some poor, unsuspecting girl.

"Dinner? Or..."

"No. Just drinks."

"For this Saturday?"

"No. Tonight." I needed to shed this weight on my shoulders–this sharp edge I was dangling from was dangerous. 

I knew she was wondering what had me so on edge, but I couldn't possibly tell her about the sweet, innocent brunette from the coffee shop who made my blood race and my cock harden like a fucking baseball bat.

I had no business lusting after a woman like that. A girl so sweet and "pure, she'd want to pick out china and take me home to meet Mommy and Daddy. I wasn't the kind of man you brought home.

"Are you sure you don't want me to see if one of our girls is available on short notice?" she asked.

I thought it over for half a second. My brothers and I ran an upscale escort agency. The girls we employed were beautiful and discreet. And Lord knew it'd be easier. They all knew me, flirted with the owner from time to time. But could any of them satisfy me? That was another question.

"I know Ava would like to see you again."

"No," I barked. "The club will be fine."

The club I was referring to was a local sex club. I hadn't actually stepped foot inside the place in years–I wasn't even a member anymore. I'd tried to the block the urges and dark cravings, tried to pretend they didn't exist. Especially after the way things ended with my last sub. It took a team of over-priced lawyers to make that go away.

But in a time of need, I knew a well-trained submissive was exactly the thing to get my mind off a certain bookish brunette with wide blues eyes and an ass I wanted to bite into like a ripe peach.

An hour later, Alyssa sent me an instant message on my computer.

Rather than type out an answer, I hit the intercom button. "Come in Alyssa."

A few seconds later the heavy oak door to my office opened and Alyssa strode inside. Her polite smile was firmly in place. I thanked my lucky stars I had found her last year. I went through seven assistants in nine months until Alyssa came along. She was strong-willed and didn't put up with any crap, yet she was easy going and even easier to get along with. I knew it was a rare combination and I certainly didn't want to screw things up. The thought of training someone else to my exacting standards made me shudder.

"I didn't want to interrupt you, Mr. Kingsley."

"No worries. What's up?"

She lowered herself into the leather chair in front of my desk. "I've secured you a date for tonight."

"Wonderful. And she's familiar with my ... needs?"

Alyssa cleared her throat, "She is, sir."

"Perfect."

Alyssa rose to her feet. "You'll be meeting her at Perkatory at seven. She'll be dressed in red."

I couldn't help the contented sigh that escaped my lips. It had been too damn long, and I felt like a caged animal ready to pounce. Tonight I would fuck the innocent little brunette from my mind. I had to. "That will be all, Alyssa."

She nodded and left my office without another word.

If only the lady in red had showed up ... none of the following might have ever happened...